Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$279
Hotels.comUS$279
TravelocityUS$279
Orbitz.comUS$279
eDreamsUS$279
TripadvisorUS$279
All reviews infinity pool pillars restaurant gun powder main building nelson's dockyard nearby beach galleon beach historic hotel boat ride pigeon beach lots of history spent nights love this hotel old building beautiful spot overlooking the water visiting antigua
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2021

The hotel looks amazing in the photographs so we simply had to stay here whilst in English Harbour. The location is great for a quick walk into the main area of restaurants and bars or to walk to Pigeon Point beach,as we didn't want to have a car with us the whole duration of our stay on the island. The common areas are tastefully decorated with a great seating area overlooking the water. Breakfast was good ( for the Caribbean) and not expensive, the coffee served in the morning was also good- VERY rare it seems in Caribbean! We had room 4, very average for the price, very small and a poor quality bathroom with old/ dated tiles on the wall, something I can imagine you would find in a cheap B&B in Brighton - it overlooked the car park and we found it to be rather loud early in the morning when the staff arrived for work. The bath towels were small and thin and not of good quality. I would not recommend this room. Yes it was one of the cheaper options but given the hotel was pretty quiet I find it hard to believe this was the best of the entry level rooms.

All the staff were lovely and very helpful, we extended and extended again ( because of the location and convenience not because of the room!) and it was not a problem.

We enjoyed the pool across the water at Gun Powder Suites.

On the whole its a lovely hotel, shame the owner does not add a few little touches - quality products in the bathroom ( Clarins / Hermes) better quality pillows ( awful foam ones did not afford a good nights sleep) quality large towels and perhaps robes and slippers, appreciate that these all add costs to a room but its the little touches that are often missed.

We enjoyed our stay here, but there are other hotels with better quality rooms at a better price, very close by - maybe not with the vibe of The Admirals, but you can always pop in for a drink if thats what you are looking for.

Room tip: Dont accept room 4
1  Thank VictoriaC209
Reviewed 26 January 2021

We were visiting Antigua for work & decided to have lunch at BOOM restaurant - one of the restaurants at Admirals Inn, when we decided to get married at the Pillars restaurant! With all the craziness of the past year, a quiet wedding on a tropic island was perfect. Shana helped to facilitate everything and it was honestly such a pleasure working with her! The wedding day was a big success, very relaxed bride and groom (thanks to the wonderful staff at the hotel & restaurant) and merry guests! The food, drinks, and atmosphere were amazing and we could not have asked for a better day! We had also originally booked a standard room at the Admiral's Inn but we were upgraded to one of the Gunpowder Suites - what a magnificent view over the bay! Thank you to everyone at The Admirals Inn who made our day so special, we are forever grateful!

1  Thank 284anelv
Reviewed 19 January 2021

We had the most fantastic stayed at Admirals and were so sad to leave. The hotel, location, views, bedrooms and amenities are all stunning and immaculate. Shama especially was so helpful and kind. The views from the gunpowder suites are unreal and I highly recommend staying in one of these as a couple - right in the middle of all the action and fun! Food and drinks were exceptional. This hotel comes highly recommended. Thank you for looking after us!!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank georgiab508
Reviewed 18 January 2021

We have just returned from a gorgeous stay at this beautiful and elegant hotel. I think it might actually be one of my all time favourites. Wonderful staff add to this gem of a hotel in the magnificent Nelson's Dockyard.

1  Thank lucyhW8533NM
Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

Well what can I say !
At short notice we decided to extend our family holiday in Antigua as lockdown loomed in Blighty and we were loving the island but where could we stay?
We’d been staying at an amazing house in pigeon beach near English harbour so our standards were set high .
We don’t like all inclusive places as we are an adventurous family and like to break free .
So what to do?
Well during the planned two week holiday we were enjoying I met up with a colleague from my company who was in the process of setting up a new office in Antigua and he invited me to breakfast where he’d been staying - The Admirals Inn at Nelson’s Dick and I had admired how traditional and beautiful its was - it was like a heritage site of splendour! I love my history.
So with my middle name being Horatio it seemed appropriate that I call to see if the hotel could accommodate my wife and 3 sons for circa 7-10 days.
The answer was yes if we were prepared to move rooms a bit and juggle things around over the stay.
The rate offered and the genuine politeness of the staff on first calling was so very welcome that I thought I should drive down and chat further to sort it out. I never looked back!
From the moment we all arrived we felt totally welcome and knew that our holiday adventure was in for more fun and pleasure all round so we checked in there and then - what a smart move that was in hindsight .
10 days flew by and on all fronts I would score 10/10!
Xmas lunch was a wonderful experience . The rooms were comfortable, private , clean and so convenient to get out and about from or just lounge about in.
Melinda, Sharma, Montana, Shaun ,Reggie and all the other staff are a compliment to Paul and Bea who own and run this wonderful family hotel.
Nothing was too much trouble ! The rates are very reasonable , the setting and the buildings are immaculate and it feels like you’re staying in a real bit of history - so special . The view of the harbour , the calm waters , the cocktails , shrimps salads, kayaks, free speed boat transfer to local beach and bars, the smiles all made us want to stay for ever.
We will return!