Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$248
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$248
TravelocityUS$248
Orbitz.comUS$248
Priceline
All reviews infinity pool pillars restaurant gun powder main building nelson's dockyard nearby beach galleon beach historic hotel boat ride pigeon beach lots of history spent nights love this hotel old building beautiful spot overlooking the water visiting antigua
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2021

We have just returned from a gorgeous stay at this beautiful and elegant hotel. I think it might actually be one of my all time favourites. Wonderful staff add to this gem of a hotel in the magnificent Nelson's Dockyard.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank lucyhW8533NM
Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

Well what can I say !
At short notice we decided to extend our family holiday in Antigua as lockdown loomed in Blighty and we were loving the island but where could we stay?
We’d been staying at an amazing house in pigeon beach near English harbour so our standards were set high .
We don’t like all inclusive places as we are an adventurous family and like to break free .
So what to do?
Well during the planned two week holiday we were enjoying I met up with a colleague from my company who was in the process of setting up a new office in Antigua and he invited me to breakfast where he’d been staying - The Admirals Inn at Nelson’s Dick and I had admired how traditional and beautiful its was - it was like a heritage site of splendour! I love my history.
So with my middle name being Horatio it seemed appropriate that I call to see if the hotel could accommodate my wife and 3 sons for circa 7-10 days.
The answer was yes if we were prepared to move rooms a bit and juggle things around over the stay.
The rate offered and the genuine politeness of the staff on first calling was so very welcome that I thought I should drive down and chat further to sort it out. I never looked back!
From the moment we all arrived we felt totally welcome and knew that our holiday adventure was in for more fun and pleasure all round so we checked in there and then - what a smart move that was in hindsight .
10 days flew by and on all fronts I would score 10/10!
Xmas lunch was a wonderful experience . The rooms were comfortable, private , clean and so convenient to get out and about from or just lounge about in.
Melinda, Sharma, Montana, Shaun ,Reggie and all the other staff are a compliment to Paul and Bea who own and run this wonderful family hotel.
Nothing was too much trouble ! The rates are very reasonable , the setting and the buildings are immaculate and it feels like you’re staying in a real bit of history - so special . The view of the harbour , the calm waters , the cocktails , shrimps salads, kayaks, free speed boat transfer to local beach and bars, the smiles all made us want to stay for ever.
We will return!
One love
J Horatio Hill

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hillbilly9
Reviewed 25 December 2020 via mobile

Lovely hotel
Beautiful large rooms situated on a world UNESCO site ! Nelson’s Yard
So picturesque - lovely walks near by
Sun beds - swimming pool
Great little patio outside
Lovely service - Shama was great - I asked for a kettle for my room and she brought one .Astor was so beautiful every morning he gave me lemon and honey for my tea !

Was just a beautiful spot close to supermarket and restaurants

2  Thank Kelstar1972
Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

Wow what a place this is.

Set out in Nelson's Dockyard it's full of history.
We stayed in the Admirals Inn with the Gunpowder suites located across the water. The building we stayed in was Nelson's pitch and turpentine store. Cleverly converted into hotel rooms, don't expect large rooms but expect originality and plenty of character. Whilst we were there things were just starting to open up again. Breakfast was served at the Gunpowder suites with a lovely water taxi ride across, piloted by Paul the owner who is a mine of local knowledge.
The place is a 10 minute walk to bars and shops and Falmouth harbour. Also the number 17 bus stops right outside the hotel which takes you to St Johns, the capital.
A special mention goes to all the staff here. They were so welcoming and friendly, nothing was too much trouble and they all became our friends!!

Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

Mel Levick.

UK

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2020

We had an AMAZING stay at the Admirals Inn. The main building and grounds are beautifully maintained, the staff were all very nice and the location made getting around very easy. Could not recommend this place enough, we will definitely be back!

Date of stay: November 2020