“Ditsy Waitress, Delicious Pizza”

Famous Mauro's Pizza
Ranked #24 of 115 Restaurants in St. John's
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Must have been her first day. She even had to ask where the toilet/washrooms were... and she definitely spoke English.

The pizzas were really great, (Veggie and custom Meat Lover ordered) combined with a lovely bottle of Italian red. Basic set up with pizza oven in restaurant. Really casual and would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Was in Antigua on a short layover so decided to try Famous Mauro's again, after a good pizza, bad service experience there last year. I have to say everything went much better. The pizza was still top notch, and the service was pleasant and prompt. I hope it stays that way.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I’m a pizza snob, let me assure you that the pizza here is top quality, unless you happen to actually be in Naples. The pizza is in a style approaching Neapolitan, with a nice blistered crust and a long gut touch with the toppings. The owners were super friendly. It was a little buggy at night so I think I would get takeout next time. 2 minutes drive from Nelson’s dock yard.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Our driver stopped here after we asked for some good take away food and this place didn't disappoint. Lovely honest people, fab pizza, reasonably priced and super quick! Highly recommend for a quick stop off!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I visited here several years ago and the pizza was great. We tried it again but the service was not very nice and in fact we left when the drinks came and were wrong. The waitress was not organized and cut me off when I was trying to order. Very disappointed because I had so many great experiences in the past. Hopefully they improve.

Date of visit: March 2017