Travelocity
FindHotel
Destinia.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews rum punch minute walk the owner chef fresh aloe recommend renting a car explore the island beautiful island jackie beaches antigua retreat dickinson
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2021

I booked this hotel for my wife who was battling her way back to Jamaica having spent 2 weeks locked down in the uk. Although she was only there for one night waiting for a connection back to Kingston, her delight at staying at sunset made me want to fly out and join her. I was a bit apprehensive booking her in the ‘Pink Palace’ as it’s not her colour of choice but in reality she was so impressed. Well appointed rooms and facilities, good location close to a beautiful looking beaches. The main reason for writing is the owner Jackie made my wife feel so comfortable, very accommodating and charming. A big heartfelt thank you to her on behalf of my wife Marcia who never writes reviews, so I’m doing it. Once this dreadful Covid rubbish is over we will be making a trip to Sunset and urge would be travellers to Antigua to support hoteliers like Jackie who are working so hard. Thank you.

Room tip: Good views
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 29 December 2020

I’m terrible about writing reviews but let me just say there is a reason I am writing this one. I visited this hotel back in late August/early September with my boyfriend during COVID for 15 nights and we had the absolute best experience! Jackie is the owner of the hotel and is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She goes out of her way to cater to your every need. My boyfriend had a rash on his legs and she applied fresh aloe on them daily to help heal them. She fed us every morning and is the best cook!! She recommends you places to visit and will even give you a ride if she has the time for it. This hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk to Dickinson bay and we went there constantly! The water is gorgeous and the restaurants were absolutely amazing (fish tacos and ahi tuna at Salt Plage are a MUST). There is a floating bar on the water called Kon Tiki that was one of our favorite things to do. You can enjoy a rum punch then jump right into the water and swim. So much fun!

I recommend renting a car for a few days to explore the island because there is 365 beaches to see. I believe we saw about 10 of those. And yes they are all different from one another. Long bay was one of my favorites.

The COVID guidelines were all put in place (wear a mask, social distance, etc.) but does not stop you from having a good time!

I really hope this review helps you in deciding to stay at this wonderful boutique hotel. Me and my boyfriend want to stay in Antigua forever because it was such a great experience and so beautiful.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bella F
Reviewed 16 December 2019

We took an unexpected trip to Antigua and found ourselves staying at The Villas. We received such a personal and warm welcome from Ms. Jackie and found ourselves in a lovely and immaculately clean facility and ensuite room. We were there for a week and enjoyed every single day. The view from the balcony was breathtaking, enjoyed as we had breakfast each morning. If you have time, book a delicious dinner prepared by Jackie. We are so glad we did. Stay at The Villas - you will be so happy you did! We look forward to a return visit. Thank you so much Jackie!

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank lcz269
Reviewed 8 October 2019

Absolutely enjoyed my stay at the Villa. Ms Jackie, Keshia and Shawn, the taxi man was awesome. Will be returning next year. Touring the country side, stopping to purchase mangos and coconut water made my vacation!!! Ms Jackie was so cool. She made us breakfast and dinner even though this was the low season.

Bernadette and Roger

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trip702099
Reviewed 23 August 2019

Second time staying here at Villas at Sunset Lane...based on last visit would not stay anywhere else on the island. Jackie makes this your home away from home. Quiet, comfortable, relaxing and Jackie is a superb cook...no need to go elsewhere for dinner.
Breakfast is a delight...facing the sea, on her terrace, with more than enough to choose from..great coffee. Dickerson beach is a 10 minute walk from the Villas and is delightful and rarely crowded...exploring the island and other beaches is very easy...rent a car (Jackie can take care of this for you and have a car come to the Villas..no need to go to a rental facility). Cannot say enough about the Villas at Sunset Lane except we will be back.

Room tip: choice of room and/or cottages
Date of stay: April 2019