All reviews boutique hotel dickenson bay home away from home minute walk wonderful cook excellent hospitality shirley heights antiguan experience beautiful pool lobster dinner this lovely hotel holiday experience bedroom and bathroom rooms are large jackie island beaches
Reviewed 13 May 2018

I booked The Villa at Sunset Lane a few days prior to my travels for a conference in Antigua. The Villa at Sunset Lane was my last option, as all the other surrounding properties were sold out. Upon my arrival, I was genuinely greeted by Ms. Jackie and her staff and led to my room poolside. (My initial room was undergoing some unexpected repairs) Ms. Jackie advised me that I will be transferred, to another room the following day, to include personally moving my travel bag. Upon my return to the property the next day, I was upgraded to a beautiful spacious room. Both rooms were cozy, charming and beautifully decorated with their own personalities.

The food... The food... Where do I start?? Ms. Jackie is an awesome chef! Case point, I'm not a big or even small fan of onions. Ms. Jackie made a salad and incorporated all local items, to include onions and a homemade special vinaigrette. The end resulted in a plate, wiped clean as a whistle. I definitely say, I packed on a pound or so, on my short trip.

While the other conference goer's complainted about their expereinces at their respective hotels and inns. I was bragging, bragging all about The Villa at Sunset Lane.
Whatever you need, just ask Ms. Jackie. Need a taxi, ask Ms. Jackie. Need insight on Antigua, ask Ms. Jackie.

My stay at The Villa at Sunset Lane was truly an experience. You will arrive as a guest and depart as family! If you are looking for a break from it all, The Villa at Sunset Lane is definitely worth it!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank cindyhend
Reviewed 10 April 2018

My wife and I few in from St. Kitts on a flight that was delayed 6 hrs. We taxied to Sunset Lane and was met by Jackie who had dinner prepared for us and 2 glasses of wine to help us "wind down." Jackie has to be the consummate hostess as well as chef extraordinaire.
Our room was spectacular...large, airy, comfortable and right off the main floor so walk out and you have the most spectacular view in frot of you while having breakfast or dinner. Great pool and bar service.For the 3 nights we were, Jackie and staff (one lovely girl who served breakfast and tended to our room, etc.) made us feel like we were at home...and we very much were. Will go back in a NY minute. ron

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Ron A
Reviewed 16 March 2018

The only place to stay in Antigua with faultless service by charming staff in a stunning location. Jackie, the hostess, is an outstanding exponent of the art of hospitality as well as an exceptional chef. She is ably supported by a thoughtful and caring team that do everything in their power to enhance your holiday experience.
Rooms are large and well-appointed with impeccable bathrooms. Food is exceptional.
If you plan to holiday in Antigua, don't consider staying anywhere else!

Room tip: Higher the room the better the view.
Date of stay: March 2018
2  Thank Seanpopplewell
Reviewed 21 February 2018

This was our first time at a Caribbean boutique hotel and we were a little concerned that there would not be enough amenities or “action” to keep us entertained. Well no issues at Villas at Sunset Lane. Jackie, the proprietor and host built this lovely hotel 12 years ago and fully captured the relaxing, island feel in the architecture and tiniest details. Every day we found another little piece of tranquility and comfort. Our room was beautiful with a fabulous view and her location, just a short walk to the beach, makes it easy to enjoy the beautiful nearby beaches as well as the beautiful pool setting. She and her staff go out of the way to make your stay memorable and you just cant get those personal touches at large resorts. And lets not forget that Jackie is a fabulous chef and, although we elected to not do the all inclusive option, we had delicious breakfasts each morning (her pancakes are particularly amazing) and a wonderful dinner that was probably our favorite meal on the island. If you are looking for a romantic getaway where personal touches abound, definitely visit the Villas at Sunset Lane. We will be back!

Date of stay: February 2018
5  Thank Doxelade
Reviewed 28 January 2018

It was a cruise ship excursion.
The course was foreshortened with no drinks, Ill prepared with no recipe leaflets. The promised follow-on leaflets were not forthcoming despite 2 email requests. No audience participation.
Overpriced.

Room tip: No hotel guests over the Christmas period, as far as we could see
Date of stay: January 2018