See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 March 2017

1. The web site picture of the resort are grossly misleading.
2. The place ti terrible. As we drove on up to the resort we immediately knew we made a big mistake.They advertise 3 restaurant; Only 1 existed. The pool was dirty. Don't even think of dipping you toes. The Bay/ocean is safer.
3. 70% of the the roomS are "under repair"; BUT YOU I DID NOT SEE ANY REPAIR CREW DOING ANY RENOVATIONS, EITHER IN THE BUILDING OR ON THE GROUNDS. LUKE WARM all you will get and it is hit or miss. GET USED TO TAKING COLD SHOWERS EVERY DAY. You can tell that the place IS ON it's last legs.
4. We ate 100% of our meals at other restaurants (which means it cost us a small fortune in cab service daily to travel across the island to get a decent meal.)
5. DO NOT BOOK AT THIS RESORT. TRIP ADVISOR SHOULD DELIST THIS RESORT. THE RESORT IS A GHOST TOWN - YOU WILL BE LUCKY IF YOU SEE OTHER GUESTs. Forget a casino- does not exist. AND BY THE WAY, INTERNET SERVICE IS INTERMITTENT; AND FRUSTRATINGLY SLOW, SLOW, SLOW.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this resort.However, Do not book All-Inclusive. Take your meals off site.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank rnslentine
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

The only good thing about this stay was ....it was only for 1 night !!!!
The place needs condemning
On arrival the checkin was a young lad listening to a iPhone and being honest
His attitude was i don't really want to be here regardless of you having to stay
Here . You could tell he'd had to endure complaints and moans previously
Whilst checking in I needed the loo , I was told where it was and amazed 3 out the 5/6
Urinal troughs were out of use and the place hadn't seen paint for years
The rooms were circa 1970s and reminded me of scenes like Jason king or the persuaders on TV
Of that period
We didn't try the food but were told by a guy staying there was very repetitive and not great ,the same chap
Told us the beach attached was fabulous but the hotel pool was dirty
Seriously if you have booked to come to that hotel for more than a night ...get your travel agent to change it
It's miles from anywhere and a taxi is required at all times ....in my opinion it ranks along side the Harbour View hotel
In Mumbai as the worst hotels in the world I've stayed in

I've rated in one because there isn't a nought !!!!!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
8  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 10 March 2017

This hotel has tremendous potential but it's a run down horrible mess!
Went to Antigua for 3 days, and despite of all the bad reviews I saw on the place i still went and regretted. It was so bad that I had to leave after viewing the place.
Guys the place is just a mess- pool was empty, toilet wasn't flushing, the rooms.....
Oh my lord I could go on and on, dont waste your time cause you will be highly disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Brandon J
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Westjet booked my husband and i into this resort due to a missed connecting flight. First impressions were horrible. The place is a ghost town. The lobby was dark, no one at the bar, an not a hotel guest not be seen. The hotel is empty. The room was outdated to put it nicely. The pool is literally falling apart, The swim up bar is closed, disintegrating and not open, the so called playground is a death trap. There are no staff outside to even offer to get you a drink or anything. There are over 200 rooms at this hotel and we saw one other couple. My husband went to have a shower, the water was brown and cold. The grout / silicone in the bathroom has gaping holes in it. And the bathroom was filthy. The bed has a bedspread on it that looked like it was from the 1970s. There is no casino as is listed as an amenity. As well as there is one restaurant not three. With table cloths on maybe ten tables. When i approached the front desk and asked why the hotel was empty. The man said to me that "there are some things i cannot tell you". We then went back to our room and started calling other resorts in Antigua for a place to stay for two nights. Thankfully we were able to get the last room at Galley Bay Resort, which is an absolutely gorgeous place to stay, the staff had five minutes warning that we were coming and there was a bottle champagne in our room and they even sent a cab to pick us up.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cindy D
Reviewed 28 February 2017

This hotel may have been grand when it was built about 35 years ago but is in gross disrepair now. There are 256 room but on 40 are booked and open. The rest of the rooms are "under repair." The website is grossly misleading as the paint is chipping on the entire build. Pool water looks clean but the bottom is discolored and greenish. All the sidewalks have chipping paint.
The best thing about this place is the view. It is very isolated and unless you drive there, there is NOWHERE to go to any other shops, restaurants or other civilization. The bathtub was rusty, as were the faucets. Floors appeared scuffed. Bed was comfortable but the A/C doesn't really cool the room. There is only 1 available restaurant with limited hours. When I was there, the only food available was a buffet, which was hot but edible. No other choice.
You have to pay for more than 1 wifi password, and each electronic item requires its own password. No sharing. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
If you want to rough it and just want somewhere to hide out and not be found, this may be your choice. At least there's a roof overhead.

Room Tip: 8th floor facing the water. I think only the 6th and 8th floors are the only ones open.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business