Lowest prices for your stay
US$226
Free cancellation until 16/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
Hotels.comUS$223
PricelineUS$226
eDreamsUS$226
1,494 results
All reviews eden beach clothing optional beach nude beach sea grapes beach fourth beach rex resorts beachfront bungalow ceiling fan laid back sugar mill repeat guests beach bar sand flies tree frogs rooms are basic relaxing holiday buffet style
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from 1 week at Hawksbill having had mixed expectations from other reviews.

In summary, the location of the hotel is stunning, the food was good if not extensive and the staff happy and helpful. Yes the rooms are “rustic” but we only used the room to shower, change and sleep. They were clean and beds comfortable.

There is no tv in the rooms and WiFi only worked in the lobby or the beach but this is a relaxing holiday after all.

We stopped in a garden bungalow but still had a view of the beach and sea from our terrace which were only a few feet away.

There are some water sports available- there are a couple of sea kayaks which could be used anytime plus a hobiecat which the sports man would happily take you out on. He also had a motorboat - he took a couple to a beach close by only accessed by boat and picked them up later in the day.

The snorkelling was ok but as this is a sandy bay, the visibility did deteriorate when the sea was choppy. Otherwise there are rocks either side of the bay which had many different fish. A stingray was spotted on 3 separate days by different people, plus a turtle was seen by those who went out on a boat.

There is little to walk to outside the resort so we used taxi’s which reception arranged. There is a fixed taxi tariff on the island but prices are quoted on a per person basis. There are very few road signs on the island.

Not much night entertainment for those who like that sort of thing.

This is a fantastic 3* hotel - it does not pretend to be anything else - I am sure some of the reviews are based on expecting a 5* service at 25% of the cost!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank OldDalbyite
Ammielle M, Manager at Hawksbill By Rex Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely and detailed review of your stay at Hawksbill by Rex Resorts. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful holiday and that you enjoyed the food, the beaches, the staff and the comfy beds in our rooms. We never get tired of hearing our guests say that they had a great stay with us, it warms our hearts and makes our jobs so much more rewarding. From the sound of your review I am sure we will be seeing you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I don't think I'll be saying anything that hasn't already been said, but here goes. It's beautiful. It's quiet. The beaches are spectacular. Most of the rooms are ocean front. The ones that aren't, have ocean views. While it may be a million miles to the lobby, it's always only a few steps to the beach. The staff is probably the best I've ever seen. They really do go out of their way to make you happy. The grounds are very clean, except for the sheep poop. They try to keep it clean, but that's all those animals do is eat and poop!
The rooms are a little dated but nice and clean. We stayed in honeymoon cove which is right on the rocks so the waves are much louder than on the beach. I use a fan app for white noise which seemed to help.
The food is decent. Don't expect to be blown away. There are no a la carte places. Only the one buffet for dinner. Lunch is always buffet only down by the beach and is really nothing more than a snack bar. IMO, they should scrap that "great house" they have and turn it into a restaurant. It would probably get a lot more use.
This resort also seems to cater to the older folks. I think my wife and I were maybe one of three couples under the age of 60. (not that it's a bad thing)
The bugs may drive you a little crazy. Not just the moquitos. There are other little bugs that can get through the screens.We laid down in bed one night and noticed these little critters all over the pillows and sheets. We shooed them away and pulled the bed off the wall a little and they didn't come back...that night. We asked the front desk to spray the room or something but it didn't seem to help as those bugs were back on the pillows. It's the tropics, so whatever. You just have to deal with it.
All in all, it's a great place. It's just that there is a lot of deferred maintenance. Some of the stucco was falling off our villa, the exterior doors are rotting, there's seven jalousie louver windows in the room and only two worked. That left the other five open for the little bugs to get in! Our toilet was wobbly, the tile wall in the shower was bulging like it was going to collapse. The owners need to spend a few bucks to spruce up the place.

Room tip: I recommend the "beach club" rooms at honeymoon cove
1  Thank mancusoracing
Ammielle M, Manager at Hawksbill By Rex Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Hawksbill by Rex Resorts. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and that you appreciated our four spectacular beaches. I do apologize though for the maintenance concerns you had during your stay. I can assure you that our team is committed to our guests and their satisfaction, and as such have been and will continue to make improvements. We value the suggestions and constructive points raised by our guests and use them as stepping stones to offer an authentic and exceptional guest experience.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Have been many times and I think the peace and tranquility brings us back each time. Hard to find another place like this where you can clear you mind and relax. Would not be for everyone because not much nightlife or bar and restaurant choices. Would have to be in some sort of shape lots of walking and hills. Food great, older crowd and staff wonderful and for the people that complain you should know before you go there are enough reviews and nothing is hidden so if you want plush rooms and fancy restaurants then prepare to pay a lot more.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank shadow052
gm_hbaanu, Manager at Hawksbill By Rex Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of your stay at Hawksbill. It's true we are not a nightlife location but rather a kick off your shoes and relax location. For many of our guests we are the perfect place to unwind and totally recharge from the hustle of everyday life. We love taking care of our guests and it was truly our pleasure to take care of you both, and we look forward to doing so time and time again.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

The Hawksbill is not for everyone as there are no TV sets or similar services. The internet is limited to a small part of the resort and the entertainment is underwhelming. However if you are looking for great people, stunning views, tasty food and utter peace then you will appreciate this rather unique and special resort

Room tip: We like the beach front rooms as the waves quite literally lull you to sleep!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank sallyhaleyjanman

Hello Sally, and thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review of your stay at Hawksbill by Rex Resorts. Here at Hawksbill we like to keep it simple, good food, friendly service, tasty cocktails while you watch the tides coming in. We understand that our guests come to us because they want a relaxing escape from the rigors of day to day life, and it is our pleasure to take good care of them. From the sound of your review I am very sure we will be seeing you again very soon, and we will be waiting to welcome you with smiles.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

was at this resort last October/ November another eye opener holiday. I would like to say if you want to do any trips see Frenchie he always is around the resort ,he sorted 5 out of 6 trips for he knows me by the name (big Steve) if I came back to this resort ? I would use frenchie tobook trips through big respect to this man ,as for my overall trip to hawksbill resort a little to quiet for me, as for Antigua I would return for a holiday.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello Steve and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am very pleased that you had a wonderful visit to Antigua and that you enjoyed all that our island has to offer. Quite true, Hawksbill is a very tranquil location and most of our guests do come to completely unwind and spend their days on one of our four beaches. We do hope that should you require a relaxed holiday, that you will choose Hawksbill by Rex Resorts once again as your vacation location.