All reviews pool suite pool grille white night beach bar outdoor shower pasture bay veranda restaurant water skiing rosewood resort beachside suite rode our bikes main beach beach staff four seasons hawksbill turtle sunset cruise minute boat ride
Reviewed 18 October 2015

I spent a long weekend with my daughter. The service is very attentive. The food is very good; the beaches are very nice but not the greatest spot if you are interested in easy to get to snorkeling places (separate trips are however organized).

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tkr106
JumbyBayResort, Manager at Jumby Bay Island, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Dear tkr106,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experience at Jumby Bay. We appreciate your positive comments on the quality of our service, food and beaches. As our beach is more of a tranquil oasis, we do place a great effort on making excursions readily available to the best snorkeling sites on Antigua for those interested in some underwater exploration. We hope you were able to take advantage of the excursions offered, and hope to welcome you back to our shores in the near future.

Sunny Regards,
Resort Management

Reviewed 14 October 2015

I am ashamed that it has taken me this long to write a review. But every time I thought about writing a review, it only made me sad that I wasn't at Jumby Bay anymore!

Our honeymoon was perfect. The room, the beaches, the spa, the food, the drinks were all excellent. I still dream about the Fish Tacos. And don't miss the beach treats - they're the best. There is a drink that's not on the menu at the beach bar anymore called a "cool me off" that you have to try!

Jumby Bay is incredibly beautiful but the staff is what makes this resort so special. They are always happy, helpful and kind.

I cried when we left! We can't wait to go back soon!

Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank Carolline G

Dear Carolline G,

Thank you for the kind words. We are thrilled that you had such an incredible experience at the resort - especially since you were celebrating such a momentous occasion! We hope to welcome you back to our shores in the near future to create more fun and lasting memories.

Tropical Regards,
Resort Management

Reviewed 4 September 2015

My husband and I recently celebrated our 20th anniversary at Jumby Bay. To say it was exceptional is an understatement. We were thoroughly impressed with the gracious, attentive and friendly staff; the superb gourmet food and plentiful options; the romantic and spacious villas; and personalized touches that make guests feel special. We were surprised with the special treats and messages left in our villa, congratulating us on our anniversary,
This place is ideally suited for those who are looking for a higher quality Caribbean resort experience. Jumby Bay doesn't offer a rowdy, party atmosphere like some other island resorts, so guests should consider this before booking. What it does offer is a peaceful, elegant vacation experience in a stunning island setting As an all-inclusive property, guests will enjoy great food, top shelf liquor, water sports and a la carte options. I recommend booking a private picnic on Pasture Beach, reserving spots on the snorkeling trip and going to the White Night Beach Party and sunset boat cruise. We stayed six nights and wished we could have stayed longer. Thanks again to the entire staff at Jumby Bay for making our anniversary celebration an unforgettable experience.

Date of stay: August 2015
7  Thank Live4freetime
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We stayed 7 nights in a Beachside Courtyard Suite at this luxury resort.

We arrived at the airport and was promptly met by a representative of the resort. She helped us to a town car and we were off to the dock to catch the ferry to Jumby Bay. The ride took about 5 minutes and the boat ride another 8 minutes. When we arrived at Jumby Bay we were met with open arms by Rita! Rita is the Manager of Guest Relations and is a female version of Mr. Rourke from Fantasy Island :) Rita was lovely. Truly warm and welcoming, Rita drove us to the Veranda where we were introduced to the concierges.

Our concierge checked us in and drove us to our suite. Jumby Bay is a 300 acre private island that boasts private homes as well as the Rosewood Resort. To get around, you can bike (bicycles are provided), walk (but honey, it is hot in August), or call for a bell hop who will drive you via golf cart (important to know, ladies, so you can style your hair accordingly, as it can be a bit windy).

We had a lovely view of the ocean across an expansive lawn . There was no beach access from our suite, which was disappointing, but we walked a short distance to the pool area, where there is access to the beach. The beach was not as nice as we expected, though, as there is lots of sea grass and not much of an area for swimming. However, the staff never let us go thirsty and provided top notch service during our beach visits. I particularly enjoyed the hors d'oeuvre that were brought around periodically on the beach.
Our room had an outdoor shower and soaking tub which was a very special touch. The bath products were very nice and the room was well appointed and comfortable. The bed was cozy and the furnishings were really beautiful. I felt very at home! I should also mention that my husband notified the resort ahead of time that it was my birthday. When I arrived to the room, there was a bottle of champagne and a delicious chocolate cake with birthday wishes. Awesome!

A short bike ride away is Pasture Bay. We went there to see if we could do some snorkeling, but no can do. The beach is small and there is a bed of coral that is impossible to cross in order to get in the water. The resort will pack a lunch for you and have it delivered if you want to visit Pasture Bay, but we chose to stick with the main beach.

There are 3 restaurants, The Verandah, the Poolside Grill and the Estate House. The Verandah is the only restaurant to serve 3 meals a day , but you can get lunch at either the Verandah or the Pool Grill and dinner at the Verandah or the Estate House. Truthfully, the menus are a bit boring as there isn't much of a selection. After 8 days, we had the menus pretty much memorized. So, the food does leave a bit to be desired. The other issue is room service. There is a room service menu, however, there is a $10 service charge per person for room service. I feel that at $1600 a night, this $10 fee is ridiculous.

Everyday the mini bar was stocked and we were asked in advance of our arrival, the types of drinks we enjoyed. Although one of our favorite beers was not available, we were given plenty of Evian and sodas. They were a little skimpy on the chocolate, but were accommodating when we requested more.

The White Party boasted a terrific outdoor BBQ with lots of seafood, pork, chicken and tasty desserts! There was a steel drum band and bonfires and the lighting was beautiful. It was a fun event, so be sure and pack something white!

The staff was great. They were friendly and helpful and the service was really top notch. They really do try and anticipate your needs, but if there’s something you require and you’re not getting it, ask! There was one day on the beach when there were no beach chairs available. We saw an unoccupied cabana, but there were no chairs. My husband saw some stacked in the distance so we went over and retrieved a couple. The staff came by a little later to give us beach towels. My only complaint is that I felt as busy as the beach was that day, these chairs should have already been set up. I didn’t mind doing it, but it was just something that should have been taken care of for us. Not a big deal, but you get what I’m saying.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay at Jumby Bay. The service was personalized and on this subject, I don’t think an all inclusive like Sandals could compare. But, for the price, I think you could go elsewhere and do just fine.

All and all- Rosewood is lovely and the staff are nice, but be prepared to drop a pretty penny!

Date of stay: August 2015
10  Thank SouthernComfort13
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I had the pleasure of staying in a villa, which was everything I could have wished for. The accommodations were spectacular, the service heavenly, the climate gorgeous, I wish I could have stayed for a month. Maybe even a year.

Date of stay: June 2015