“afternoon tea”

Trio's
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Cwmbran
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Trios is a traditional Tea Shop, offering a delicious range of home-made cakes and desserts, light lunches and snacks, hot and cold drinks - also takeaway available. The tea room has seating available for up to 36, and on fine days our Tea garden is open too. We serve traditional drinks, such as Fentimens, we use 'real tea leaves'and serve tea in beautiful bone china cups and saucers (mugs available too!) and we also serve Tea Pigs speciality teas. Trios menu includes jacket potatoes, toasties, omelettes, sandwiches, baguettes and of course our range of home-made cakes! Trios Afternoon Tea is available by reservation- Monday to Friday 2- 4pm. A standard afternoon tea is also available at any time- please enquire for more details. We offer a takeaway service. Tables may be booked in advance, we cater for groups and parties. Look out for our special events- or ask about having one of your own! Trios is a licensed premises. Tea Garden open during spring summer months.
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

absolutly lovely,one of the best afternoon teas homemade cakes,lovely ladies serving nothing too much trouble.

LesleyTrios, Owner at Trio's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea at Trios. Hope to see you again soon

lesley

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

My Aunty, myself and my mum came here for afternoon tea for my auntys birthday. After looking at the reviews we knew it would be excellent but it was exceptional. The staff were extremely friendly, attentive and made us feel very welcome. The afternoon tea was remarkable and sitting in the garden with tea and scones made a perfect afternoon. Huge thank you to Lesley and her staff! X

1  Thank niarodd1
LesleyTrios, Owner at Trio's, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely review, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your afternoon tea at Trios. It was a lovely sunny day for you to be able to relax in the garden. I hope that your mum enjoyed the remainder of her holiday and I hope we will see her on the next trip from Cyprus. Thank you again Lesley

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Was looking for a midweek place to go for a bit of lunch with my friend in the cwmbran area but couldn’t think of many places! She suggested this place and I had heard it has a lovely reputation! It did not disappoint the menu was surprisingly huge for a small tea room! Lots available and all at really decent prices! We both had an omelette with a piece of bread and it was delicious and reminds me of the kind of food my nan,who was a fabulous cook,would make when I was a child! We also had a glass bottle of Coca Cola each which always feels like a bit of a treat! We then had a home made chocolate fudge cake which was absolutely delicious! The owner was really sweet and checked that we were happy! We spent lots of time chatting and although it was busy they didn’t try to make us hurry up! We did get a little bit excited when we realised they can serve alcohol and although we couldn’t have a drink today we will definitely make plans to return! We were also given a pamphlet about events they can do so I will definitely use them for an event when one comes up!

2  Thank Elizabeth l
LesleyTrios, Owner at Trio's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you Elizabeth. My apologies for the delay in my response to you.

What a super review - I love that parts reminded you of your nan, and your childhood- my aim was to bring nostalgia into the tea room whilst keeping things current too. So many customers comment on the china, the tea strainers and the old fashioned drinks- like Dandelion and burdock, as these things do bring back fond memories. Coca cola tastes so much nicer from the glass bottle too!

Trios is licensed, so we are able to serve wine, spirits and beer. We have Pimms available for the summer and a Gin special between 2 and 3 o'clock.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Visit once a week with my son who is autistic. Soon as they see him they greet him and make sure his favourite food is cooking straight away, best service ever!! Wonderful staff. Love love love this place ❤️

LesleyTrios, Owner at Trio's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thankyou Zoe. Im sorry its taken me such a time to respond.

We love seeing you and little one, (indeed all your boys), I know that he is happy to visit us and you feel comfortable bringing him. It's our pleasure always.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Received a very warm welcome and staff are friendly.
The tea room is immaculate and spotless and neatly laid out.

There is a great choice on the menu, for sandwiches, cakes,snacks, teas and coffees served with beautiful crockery.

I read the reviews and expected it to be over rated, BUT, it was exactly as described and deserves its rating.

Ideal place to treat yourself or others. It's also great value for money. Drinks, Toastie and a cake was less than £10 for the 2 of us.

Absolute find in Cwmbran

LesleyTrios, Owner at Trio's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thankyou Jenny for your review- I'm so glad that you were pleased . You must try our Afternoon Tea one day! Hope to see you again soon.