“Not vegetarian friendly”

Cinnamon Garden
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Ebbw Vale
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

This place has always cooked beautiful, tasty curries and we always go back time and time again. However, after turning vegetarian a few months ago I have been extremely disappointed. It doesn’t matter which vegetable curry you order, they all taste the same! They must be using the same base vegetable curry for every one on their menu. I have attempted to contact the establishment to express my concerns but I have been ignored. I do not recommend and vegetarians to use this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Supragirl1980

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Waited well over an hour and walked out from the restaurant. More interested in serving their takeaways. A family meal before relatives were heading back to Germany so we are one very unhappy family. Won’t be going back in a hurry.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Rhys J
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We chose this restaurant due to the location, 2 minutes from our guest house. On arrival we were the only couple dining. After 5 minutes of sitting and waiting for service a waiter asked us what drinks we would like, I ordered a beer and a soft drink for my wife. He disappeared and came back to inform me they do not serve alcohol...surely he should have already known this!! We then ordered 2 soft drinks, one coke and one orange juice and lemonade. The next 15 minutes passed and not one member of staff came to take our food order or deliver the drinks we had ordered. They were taking walk in orders and telephone orders but we didn't seem to exist. We decided enough was enough and would not be eating here. The waiter then told me he had to go to the shop to purchase the drinks we had ordered which really made me laugh. I have never experienced such poor service.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Disappointing visit having read good reviews. It was a busy Friday night with two large parties and only two waiters, one of which seemed a bit clueless on what good customer service was. Had to seat ourselves and get our own menus. We weren’t offered any drinks and were eventually given poppadoms to keep us occupied whilst we waited over an hour for them to take our order and receive our food which wasn’t very hot and below standard (naan undercooked, rice over cooked). Only good thing was the proximity to where we were staying and that the decor was better on the inside than the out!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Very much enjoyed the food on two occasions. We nearly gave it a miss on viewing from the outside but are pleased we didn't!

The restaurant was very quiet and lacked atmosphere but the food was most enjoyable.

Don't be put off by the outside!

Date of visit: June 2018