“where art and taste collide”
Review of Candlelight Cafe

Candlelight Cafe
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Lipa City
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I was not really planning to eat at this place nor I have any knowledge of its existence. I just accidentally discovered it when I met up with my friend for business in Lipa City and arrived hungry. Famished to be exaggerated. I was not in the mood to dine in a fast food and when I looked inside Big Ben, this little place captured my interest. Artsy as it is, I looked over the menu to see first if is budget friendly. I was advised by the staff that their best seller is Adobo Caravaggio and so I took his word for it. I was at the verge of loosing my sanity when the order arrived, so I dig in without being able to take any photos of my food. The chicken meat was very soft and juicy. There is a perfect balance of saltiness and creaminess. The frozen iced tea was a delight and washed out the "umay" factor of coconut milk.

2  Thank Jeanette A

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

I chose to try this cafe because of the good reads I found about it. The place is very artsy and I liked it. I loved that there are a lot of interesting stuff going on there. But the good ambience should match the quality of food they're serving. It took 30mins for the food to be served. The waiting time is fine, that I can manage but when the food arrived, it was the worst burrito I've ever tried. I'm sorry but the tortilla wrap was just so hard. It was difficult to cut. This really saddened me because I have a huge expectation of the restaurant. My boyfriend ordered fish fillet, it was - well just normal. I've enjoyed myself instead by checking out their displays. The staffs both seem timid. They look kind but it would help if they're knowledgeable of what they're offering the customers especially when they're asked about prices. Lastly, half of the list on the menu is not available. I've got to choose thrice because all my orders were not on hand.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

If not for the traffic from city hall, we would've been here weekly. They serve good barako and brownies. It's also a snug place to unwind while enjoying your coffee.

Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

It was Valentine's day when I visited together with my boyfriend. The place was nice, it was introduced to me by a friend and recommend the place to be beautiful. And I wasn't disappointed. The food was nice as well. We had our lunch there, both of us were famished so we ordered a salad. Which is actually nice because my boyfriend isn't fond of salads but he did ate a lot. I ordered pork humba as my main dish and it is awesome - not too salty not too sweet. I was too full but I was being greedy and order an attractive looking slice of carrot cake on display that was nice too. If only it will be so near my place i will be a regular there to just chill in and read a book.

1  Thank travelgirlmai
Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

We always passing by this resto/cafe shop and we didn't realize that they have an amazing food. We order the picasso and frida kahlo and it is the best in taste but also this drinks are organic (indicated at the menu). I love the tuna sandwich. The mayonaise of The potato salad and the white pasta are different but the taste is okey..

Next visit we will try their nachos and red spag..

2  Thank Lechar09