“Crispy thin crust pide!”
Review of Cemo Etli Ekmek

Cemo Etli Ekmek
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Meram
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Some may know that we call turkish pizza as pide or lahmacun (based on shape). Etliekmek is a type of pide w/ground beef. It's one of the best local food of Konya. Dough is very thin and crispy, ingredient is a bit juicy.yum! :)
Among 3 shops of Cemo, meram is my favorite! I

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Been there multiple times and had the beautiful delicious taste of traditional etli ekmek !!! This is a kind of thin Turkish baked dough and spread meat over. Don’t miss it!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 13 May 2018

This is really a Turkish family restaurant. It’s situated above a market, and sometimes outside there is an actual market going on. You wouldn’t think that you can get good food here, but a local took me, so I had trust in him. The servers were very prompt, and no frills. I had an okra soup to start with, which my guide told me was a local thing. Frankly, I’m not a fan, but it wasn’t bad. Afterward, we got an assortment of dishes, that we sampled from. They were all very nice, full of flavour. I got very full, very fast. To end with, we had some höşmerim. I actually had a small bit from the side, which was very delicious, but I’m allergic to nuts. It’s sprinkled with walnuts.
I also have to mention that their toilets are very nice and clean. Gordon Ramsay said that you can always judge a restaurant by their toilets.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 8 January 2018

I have been eating in both Cemo at Nalcaci and Meram. Both restaurants offers the same standard. The food is good, the staff is friendly and nice atmosphere. My photos are from my visit in Cemo Meram.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Situated in the Meram district of Konya, "Cemo Etli Ekmek" is a restaurant preferred by residents and tourists for family meals. Meram, being a little far away from the city center, is one of the calmest districts in Konya, which means less congestion and less air pollution.

There isn't much space to park your car outside the restaurant, but luckily there is an open air parking lot nearby, where you can leave your car at very low rates. A two-hour stay will cost only 3.50 TL.

The inside is decorated in an ordinary way, but the outside is beautiful. Being one of the most well decorated patios I have ever seen in Konya, it is embellished with trees and a small, man-made waterfall. The only downside is that the tables are bit too close to each other.

The menu offers well-known dishes specific to Konya, the most popular of them being etli ekmek (pide with minced meat). Other types of pide are served as well, such as pide with kasseri cheese, mevlana (with kasseri and minced meat) and bıçakarası (with diced meat). One serving costs 12 TL.

I was served one helping of etli ekmek and a glass of ayran (drinkable yoghurt). I personally found the etli ekmek too greasy and not so generous with the meat, yet its pastry was fine: crusty on the sides and soft in the middle. The homemade ayran was a refreshing choice, as it was much less salty then store-bought alternatives.

The service was fast, but i wished the waiters had been a little friendlier. They weren't rude, certainly, but you could hardly get a smile out of them. Another thing I didn't like was that there weren't a great variety of extras served. We could only have a plate of green peppers and parsley. Many Turkish restaurants all around Turkey have a better selection of extras, like olive oil and bread, pepper and tomato paste, tzatziki etc.

Overall, I believe that "Cemo Etli Ekmek" is a mediocre restaurant. There are much better restaurants that serve etli ekmek in Istanbul and Ankara, even though the dish is specipic to Konya.

Date of visit: July 2016