This hotel in Nusa Dua is in a very prominent location and the lobby is beautiful but there are drawbacks. The beach is nice and the water tranquil but there are a number of things which could be improved.
1. It needs a makeover. The paint is coming off walls and the pool bar needs updated.
2. The beds suck. They are flimsy and are NOT comfortable. I realize that beds vary from country to country but I am sure the FOUR SEASONS doesn't have beds this bad. They sag.
3. As a gay male, the internet blocks any site with the word GAY in it, come on, this is 2012.
4. The spa is very nice but they use river rock on the floor with large tiles to walk on. Even in the spa room, there are rocks so it is noisy versus being quiet and tranquil. It is as if you are hiking through a rock quarry. Get rid of the rocks and it would be fine.
5. put down a mat when getting out of the shower, oil on feet and water on marble don't make for a good situation. It is very slippery.
Overall, this place is average. A herd of Russians and Austrailians with a few Japanese mixed in and lots of kids. I would have preferred a hotel with less kids.
The people are nice and the staff is semi attentive. For instance, I like COCA COLA in the morning for breakfast. The waitress tried to say I had to wait till 11 am. to have a coke, I told her go get me one with ice, and she did after I told her this is a hotel, get me a coke.
The breakfast bar is great. I would rate it a 10 out of 10, great selection and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali is a 5 Star Bali Resort with a large white sandy beach right in front of the resort. With 301 rooms & suites it is set among beautifully landscaped tropical gardens. Rising like a vision from the Balinese sea, it is located on the tip of Nusa Dua beach, in the village of Tanjung Benoa, Bali’s watersport center. Prime positioned only 20 minutes from Bali airport the Grand Mirage Resort is the perfect choice for a serene getaway to the Island of the Gods.Offering an almost unlimited choice of fun, entertainment and leisure activities, the Grand Mirage Resort Thalasso Bali is synonymous with value and luxurious comfort.Grand Mirage is offering a whole new class of luxury all inclusive and room and breakfast packages. On top of it, it presents 4 world class gourmet restaurants of which one is available 24 hours, with a wide selection of food & beverage choices.Hotel guests may also enjoy the Thalasso Bali Spa and Aquamedic pool with each spa room designed with its own theme in mind, hosted by professional Spa therapists, giving the perfect relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotelopia and ACCOR so you can book your Grand Mirage Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mirage Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Resort Bali/Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Tanjungbenoa
- Grand Mirage Bali