“Amazing Balinese Food in Nusa Dua ”

Bumbu Bali Cooking School
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

I was recommended by a staff at Nusa Dua Conrad where I have been staying. At first I couldn't even catch the pronunciation of the restaurant. But since the restaurant needs a reservation, I am pretty sure there must be a reason why. I tried Bumbu Bali 1 yesterday and I had beef curry and it was yummilicious !!! Then I made a reservation for today, they said it was fully booked so I asked them if I could have a reservation for dinner at Bumbu Bali 2 and I got it luckily. Today I tried ox tongue dish and it is out of the world. And the price itself is reasonable. So if you are in Nusa Dua and want to try some really good Balinese food, Bumbu Bali is a MUST.
They give free pickup transport at your hotel with the reservation and take you back to your hotel after dinner.
And the service is good and it doesn't take long for food to be served.
Next time I am in Nusa Dua, I will definitely go there again.

1  Thank Haymar M

Reviewed 17 April 2017

This was one of our top experiences in Bali and it was also the best food we ate for the 2 weeks we were in Bali. The cooking was interesting, well explained, professional and fun. The venue was very clean, well set up and well staffed. The people were friendly, knowledgeable, experienced and worked together like clockwork. We learned a lot, came away with useable resources, shared the experience with great people and ate absolutely delicious food. If you don't do this cooking lesson, do yourself a favour and at least eat at the restaurant!

2  Thank T0K0R0A
Reviewed 10 April 2017

One takes in all the bustle of a local fruit/vegetable and fish market awakening all your senses! Top quality ingredients in everything you taste! A fabulous balinese experience not to be missed! Heinz is a world class chef and entertaing host for the day!

2  Thank judilynna
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Morning pick up and interesting tour of the markets and description of ingredients before breakfast and the 'masterclass'. It was a great day and really interesting, my only slight reservation was that I expected to do more of the cooking myself and I thought we would be more 'hands-on'.

Nevertheless loved it!

1  Thank Penelopepitstop36
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

me and my family always go here every time we visit bali, and we are always satisfied.

(+) all staff are super friendly, each and every one of them greeting us.
(+) the food is amazing, very rich in terms of spices.
(+) the servive is oustanding, they even make sure that we have transport back to our hotel.

reservations are needed most of the time. we were about to eat here yesterday, called prior to our arrival and they were fully booked (both Bumbu Bali 1 & Bumbu Bali 2.)