“Shockingly Abysmal”

Kessingland Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I am not one to normally be bothered with writing bad reviews, but this is definitely the first and last time that we will be staying at Kessingland Beach Resort ... unless it has a complete update.

The facilities are tired looking and in desperate need of an update. But I guess the worst was the washing up facilities and the ablution block. The previous week we had stayed at a Camping and Caravan Club site in Terversal, Nottinghamshire, where the ablution blocks were like that of a 5 star hotel. At Kessington Beach Resort, I could not bear the thought of using the showers without wearing appropriate footwear, but still felt unclean after a lukewarm shower in a smelly and dirty environment.

The washing-up facilities were not much better.

It's not what we would would expect from a company like Park Resorts. Perhaps they should invest a little more in their parks and pass on a little less to their stakeholders. If this park is anything to go by, we will not be visiting another Park Resort site again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bugs1968
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Hi! Thanks for letting us know about your experience, we’re looking in to all of the issues that you’ve raised and will be updating our park where appropriate. We’re actually a four star holiday park and like to think that our touring facilities are adequate, although they are basic. We check the facilities every hour and provide non-slip matting in the shower blocks to make sure that nobody has an accident, but we’re also always happy to help if a visitor feels that the facilities are not up to scratch. In fact, we ask customers to report any issues that they come across when on-site so that we can improve them as quickly as possible and make sure they don’t affect your holiday.

Thanks again for letting us know about your experience, and we’d like to apologise and to let you know that we’re doing everything we can to act upon the feedback that you gave us. Hope to see you on-site sometime soon!

There are newer reviews for Kessingland Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Paid for higher standard accommodation but it was dirty, shabby and smelly. We thought we were staying in a gold caravan but when we arrived, we had been allocated a Chalet. Alarm bells started to ring immediately as I knew that they had been there since I was a child (I'm 37 now). Thought I'd give it a go anyway but as soon as we walked in it smelt damp and musty, and furniture was sparse.
The bathroom was very dirty looking with yellow and moldy grout. Complaining didn't help as we we were told "we are full" and that was it. Maybe it's down to luck, but the staff wernt interested in helping at all.
The site itself was ok. Pool and changing basic but ok.

Club food and drink expensive and reminded me of school dinners.

Soft play area was v badly lit and badly worn.

This is the second bad experience at this park, I'm not going to make that mistake again.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank adiwmac
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to send your feedback to Trip Advisor. We’d like to reassure you that all of our chalets were refurbished in the winter as part of our programme to keep the facilities up-to-date, so we’re very sorry to hear that you weren’t happy with the standard of your accommodation and would like to apologise and reassure you that we’re doubling up our efforts to keep them clean.

I’ll need to check the booking details with regards to the grading of your accommodation as our chalets are only bronze and silver – if you were downgraded, you should have been refunded the difference. If this didn’t happen, please contact us with some booking reference details and we’ll do everything we can to get this resolved. I’ll also make sure that your comments are passed on to the holiday sales and the accommodation manager, as we take all feedback seriously and find that it helps us to improve the holiday experience for all customers.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review and please do get in touch if you think we can help you any further – hope to see you on-site again sometime soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2011

This holiday resort was great for our short autumn break. A great base to explore the coastal walks. Catch a bus to Southwold and walk back along the beach to Kessingland - make sure you check the tide!
A well maintained site with a good onsite shop and restaurant serving up a good choice for breakfast (lunches and dinner if you want).
The site is well maintained and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Our accommodation was clean and tidy even a heated towel rail in the bathroom.
Would recommend this site for families too. Plenty for children with on site entertainment in the summer.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deirdre H
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I was wondering what we would be going to after reading the reviews on this site.

I am really pleased to say it was brilliant! my colleague and I went to do a pre holiday visit for a weekend for our charity. The accommodation was lovely, the site was clean and tidy, the staff were very friendly, the food was delicious, the value for money was great and the amenities were fine.

All this could not just happen to be ok on the day, i feel the staff care about this park and try their best to maintain it.

We have now booked 27 units for next year for a week long holiday and i will come back and review on here again.

Room Tip: Silver accommodation has heaters in all rooms rather than just the lounge with a bronze so i would c...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I was dreading this short break as I had this park as a last choice for a newspaper promotion trip. On arrival I found the staff very welcoming and polite and the place looked well kept in general. I was not looking forward to letting myself into the caravan as this is usually when I head back to reception to air my greivances! But again I was surprised to find a very nice clean caravan with a sea view. I was sure I would find something to moan about, but there was nothing to find fault with at all. I had my antibax wipes and furniture antibax spray at the ready but did not feel the need to use them.
The beach is mostly pebbles but this did not bother us as there is Pakefield Cliffs or Lowestoft beach if you want nice sand. The amusements on the park are highly rated by my 7 year old, and the chippy was okay too, we didn't use the restaurant, although I did have a peek inside and it was all very nice and clean. We didn't get time for a swim but the pools did look inviting. We will be having a return trip to this park next summer as I like well maintained parks and clean caravans. It was nice to just turn up and relax instead of launching into a cleaning frenzy as soon as I open the door !!

Room Tip: Advise to book a silver grade caravan (ours was lovely)
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kessingland
10.8 km away
9.0 km away
The Angel Inn
The Angel Inn
#1 of 1 in Wangford

Been to Kessingland Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!