Harris Jungle House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$330
US$320
  • Breakfast included
US$120
US$85
US$135
  • Breakfast included
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
US$324
US$248
US$218
US$190
US$183
US$188
  • Pool
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
US$144
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$155
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$170
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2015 via mobile

Mr. Harris is very nice and knowledgable about T&T. His jungle tour, $140, is great and gives you a whole tour of the island. From the morning jungle walk with lots of birds, then snorkeling at little Tobago- amazingly beautiful views and sea life, to the water fall to rinse away all the salt water from the day, I would highly recommend staying here. The rooms are nice and clean with private bathrooms. A full kitchen allows you to buy fish at the market and prepared them yourself. It is a quick 10 minute taxi ride to Bocco bay, highly recommend this beach as well. Very clean and private. You can use the mangroves to shade yourself from the hot sun.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Daniel W
Reviewed 21 December 2014

Quiet location. Peaceful, nice to retreat to after one of his jungle tours and beach.

The open savannah opposite is just relaxing to look at.

Your option is to make your own breakfast or lunch as the kitchen is well equip and accommodating.

Harris goes all out for Guests.

Room Tip: This is a small guest house so it depends on your needs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DMidastouch J
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Harris's Guesthouse was a bit of a wildcard for us. We didn't know if it would be good or bad, but figured as we were only staying a few days we'd roll the dice. I'd say it was a lucky shot!

It really felt like staying in a normal house, having all that one might require from that. But, what made it feel like staying in a home more than just a house was Harris himself. Picking us up from the airport, taking us for groceries, talking and teaching about Tobago, he really did everything to make our stay great.

If you just want to relax on the beach on some resort, then this perhaps isn't the place. Want genuine Tobago and a base of operations for adventure? Then it is!

I would also strongly recommend going with Harris on one of his jungle tours. Really spicing up and something special to do during the vacation, being one of the highpoints sure to be remembered!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Johan M
Reviewed 13 August 2013

First off, I think the Trip Advisor title is incorrect; it should read: Harris' Guest House AND Jungle Tours [since Harris gives tours of the rainforest, etc.]. Secondly, having just returned from Tobago, I am happy to report that Harris' guest house was more than we anticipated it would be. Located in Canaan, Tobago, you are a mere 15 minutes drive away from Scarborough, Storebay, and Pigeon Point. There were no pools or anything of the sort, but comfortable and clean bedrooms with a kitchenette to be shared by the various guests. We were more interested in exploring the island during the day and returning at night to a nice, cozy room rather than relaxing at a resort all day. With that said, if you are looking to soak up the sun all day without too much adventure, you should probably seek lodging elsewhere. However, if, like us, you want to get out there and truly discover Tobago, this is a comfortable and relatively inexpensive place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JHGor
Reviewed 24 August 2012

11 of us stayed at Harris Guest house and I am very pleased with the experience. He made sure we felt welcome and at home. He picked us up from the ferry, took us to the grocery, took us on a tour, took us to the beach and even picked us fresh fruit (mangoes, limes, plaintains and herbs). He is a busy man, high in demand but still made time for his guests requests. For my first trip to this island it was a wonderful experience. He was more than hospitable. I know when I return I will come back here. For me the AC, refrigerator and personal bathroom were all giant pluses for me.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family