“Delicious meal”

Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Haapiti
Cuisines: Delicatessen, French, Polynesian, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dominique and Philippe, the owners of the restaurant "The Yellow Lizard Cafe", warmly welcome you to their friendly hotel design is modern and local. The originality of concept consists both in cooking a la plancha, but also in the original presentation skewers which are suspended on a suitable bracket. "The lineup in all its forms" Cooking a la plancha allows to highlight the flavors of local products such as shrimp Opunohu, bluefin tuna, swordfish and mahi-mahi. It offers a perfect cooking with lamb chops, beef and chicken piece, but also vegetables that retain their crispness. Note that each skewer made at least 250 g. For dessert, besides the homemade ice cream with fresh fruit Moorea and chocolate cake, pineapple and banana are also to be plugged caramelized or flambeed in rum.
Reviewed 22 October 2017

My husband and I rode in the restaurant's complementary shuttle from our nearby hotel and were promptly seated after our arrival. He ordered the swordfish and I had the shrimp, which were both served grilled on skewers with a great side salad and rice (you have your choice of multiple sides and dipping sauces). We shared the molten chocolate cake with Tahitian vanilla ice cream for dessert. The cake was hot and tasty, and the vanilla ice cream was probably the best I've ever had. Our food was served quickly, our waitress was friendly, and the staff easily catered to both French and English speaking guests.

1  Thank jsthilaire327

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This was by far the best meal my husband and I have eaten on Moorea. While on our honeymoon, we were struggling to find so decent dinner. Well, this place is the real deal. We started out with the Poisson cru which was so tasty and delicious. I had the grilled prawns with coco curry sauce which was fantastic. My husband had the tuna and was very pleased well. A must try while in Moorea and nice change from the hotel dinners.

1  Thank Diana B
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Ate once dinner while staying at IC Moorea. Free pickup from the hotel, good. Food very original cooked, big portion. Familiar atmosphere in a small restaurant. Prices are better than in the hotel so you can save some money eating outwards. Would recommend it!

3  Thank Andii M
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Just literally walked out of the Yellow Lizard Cafe. The listing on TA is misleading by showing it on the Haiti side ( read East side of Moorea) When in fact it is past Le petit Village on the west side.
Great menu with great suggestions. The traditional poison cru but be tempted by the special one with ginger.
Salmon of the gods were offered tonight and so glad I selected it. So fresh. The light coconut curry sauce ordered was the perfect complement.
Great dessert list with a selection of artisan sorbet among N other.
A must visit and schlep around Moorea for a great diner.
Make sure to book your table!

3  Thank meherio
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We ate here looking for a nice meal at a more reasonable price relative to the restaurants in our resort.

A quick call to our resort concierge and he was able to quickly arrange for the restaurant to send a car to pick us up at the resort. They arrived with minutes. It was a very short ride to the restaurant.

Service was good and very attentive. The server made several suggestions and answered all our questions about the menu items. I had the chicken and chorizo. My wife had the shrimp. They brought 2 skewers of shrimp for her entree. Enough that she actually wasn't able to finish all of them. My chicken was good. Only criticism I could provide is both entrees were a tad salty but we don't eat a lot of salt so take that for what it's worth. Dinner came with choice of side and your pick from several sauces. We both had coconut curry and enjoyed it. Also came with basket of bread.

We also shared a dessert, the coconut cake and scoop of ice cream. Very good.

Two entrees and dessert plus bottled water and soft drink for $66.

Would eat here again and recommend it to others.