All reviews the princess lokelani suite breakfast and dinner private deck boutique hotel romantic couples bottled water juice fish french polynesia blown away each morning off season sharks and rays over the top fresh flowers eileen art
Reviewed 15 September 2018

This slice of paradise is so very special. Eileen considers privacy as one of the key aspects of your stay. With just 5 rooms, but with an array of secluded seating areas all around the jungle like grounds you feel like you have the whole place to yourself. Presentation of dinners and breakfast were superb. Take a kayak and row a couple of hundred meters and you can swim with the rays and sharks (see my pics included) - actually the water is only 1.5 meters deep, so you are waist to shoulder deep depending on the tide.

Didn't like leaving - but all good things must end right? ;)

Room Tip: All rooms are good (there are only 5)
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank E K
FenuaMoorea, Gérant at Fenua Mata'i'oa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you so much for your message. I had as much pleasure to receive you that you had to stay in my paradise .... It is a happiness shared with beautiful people and it is always moments of exception. The best for you and your family.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

It’s a beautiful place. Great romantic bungalows with great privacy and amazing service. Great food and cocktails. The bathroom was a separate bungalow with a beautiful bathtub and shower and we had a small private sand beach. The lagoon is shallow for a long way out. Not much snorkeling but great swimming. A great stop for 2-3 days! A/C was great!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
FenuaMoorea, Gérant at Fenua Mata'i'oa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for this kind comment. It was a great pleasure to receive you. We wish you a lot of happiness in your life. The best for you.
Eileen

Reviewed 29 June 2018

This is one of the most stunning hotels I have ever stayed in.

Eileen the owner is absolutely lovely and helpful in every way. It is really obvious that this hotel is a labor of love, from the exquisite jungle like gardens to the decor.

We had a junior garden suite but is was very close to the lagoon. There is a really nice deck right over the lagoon, than you can swim or snorkel from. We Kayaked out further to where they bring the lagoon tours for snorkeling with Sharks and Rays , there some awesome fish to see out there as well.

If you dont feel like being on the deck there are a million gorgeous seating areas to hang out in. There is a nice little shop conveniently located at the top of the road to buys snacks or whatever.

The mosquito in this part of the world dont wear tiny wristwatches so herbal bug spray is a good thing.

The bathroom is stocked with wonderful Tahitian Monoi products. i became such a fan that I stocked up at duty free on the way home.

I cannot wait to return!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
FenuaMoorea, Gérant at Fenua Mata'i'oa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely message. It was a great pleasure to welcome you and I am very happy that you enjoyed this magical place and felt all the love given. I hope to have the opportunity to see you again. I wish you and your family all the best.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

My stay in the Hôtel Fenua Mata'i'oa was superb! I enjoyed every single minute. It was like being in Paradise with good friends. Eileen, known as Madame Voila (as she makes everything possible) is a very special person. She is super friendly, always smiling, has an extraordinary taste and gives you the impression to be not only a guest. You are feeling familiar in her domicile. This is the most beautiful hotel I’ve ever been. I always saw a new and beautiful detail when I was walking around. The houses are stunning. All are different decorated. She uses a lot of natural materials for the decoration and curtains. You can’t get enough of everything. Every day I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast and an extraordinary dinner. The dishes were decorated with flowers like works of art and incredibly delicious. I was looking forward to a new menu every day. I got to know their employees, who are very nice and eager to fulfill your wishes. The cats were super sweet. I was also introduced to Madame Mime, the house Moray eel. The lagoon right on the terrace invites you to snorkel and kayak. There are many things to discover, such as clown fish, corals, blacktip sharks and different types of rays. I have tried the Thalasso massage and water touch massage, which I really enjoyed. The days at the hotel were gorgeous, the garden is a little secret paradise. A tour guide, whom I met and brought me back, said I was at the most beautiful place in Moorea. Yes, I agree with him and will come back again and again! Thank you Eileen, for everything <3

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank rosadafonte
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We visited the island at the very end of February, and we were lucky to miss much of the rain. Days were hot and sunny, with very short showers.We were told this was the off-season and we found our hotel and restaurants we visited very quiet . We arrived in Moorea by ferry from Papeete and made our own way with the local bus. It was a bit of an adventure, because the driver was not familiar with the hotel and we were dropped off a little too soon.If you do come that way, take the second main road into Tiahura village,there’s a convenience store
at the corner. Eileen did offer to arrange a shuttle, but she needed a few days notice , and it’s about half the fare of a taxi which is about US $50. The bus was six dollars for two of us and the driver will let you off at your destination.One of the things you want to know is thatTaxis are extremely expensive, we paid $18 to go about 5 km. This is an expensive island , When compared to the Caribbean or Mexico, but the place is magical. Mata’i’oa( pronounced matayoa) is a Luxury boutique hotel with beautiful decor,spectacular setting and beautifully decorated rooms and common areas. Eileen and her staff were very attentive to our needs. We spent our days diving with Moorea fundive,And they came daily to pick us up. Eileen arranged a few reservations at restaurants, that also picked up.Meals at Mata’i’oa are expensive, but comparable to other good restaurants we visited.Tapwater is potable. Bottled water in the hotel is expensive and I did walk over to the convenience Store to buy French baguette, water and cheese. We used the half board, breakfast and supper twice, and were very pleased. The food was delicious ,And beautifully served. We watchedSharks and rays coming to the lagoon while sitting at our table. We could also hear the Tahitian drummers across the lagoon at the Intercontinental Hotel. We found that we needed to use the air conditioning at night to keep the mosquitoes at bay. When planning our visit we did not want to stay at the Sofitel or Intercontinental and spend $800 on a room. We also wanted a more intimate experience.We got that at Mata’i’oa

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple