All reviews the cottages bedroom cottage whale watching deck whales amenities rv cove st hike
Reviewed 15 May 2016

Bathroom very clean , kitchen like home. Gorgeous spot for elderly that want a NL view. Great patio bbq. Quiet. Bakery near by in summer. Rural, Just need your clothes and food, booze. No stores close by. Can get a whale tour, ask locals. Pet friendly.

Room Tip: BBQ and Patio bring food, other supplies, no convenience store nearby. Like a winterized cottage.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Barb A, Front Office Manager at Celtic Rendezvous Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

Stayed in a 1 bedroom cabin. Very clean, well appointed and a great view. The wi-fi is not dependable. Overall, a great place to relax and unwind. There is very little in the area with regards to restaurants so make sure you bring everything you need.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2015

we wanted a cabin but all booked up - weekend- so we had a room which was big one bedroom clean and well appointed. The serenity of the place was really appreciated by us after all our activities; and then we stayed outside looking out into the beautiful bay, and then two eagles; from a distance with binoculars you can see sheep grazing on one of the islands! August alas is not a good month for whale watching. It looks like the place is for sale; I hope someone will buy and keep it going because it well worth to stay there.

Room Tip: all rooms have excellent views of bay and islands; cabins are amazing up on a hill
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2015

At first glance, the RV park portion of the Celtic Rendezvous complex seems like a dream come true as the views are INCREDIBLE! However, the wind is HORRIFIC! And the gravel RV area is not the least bit level (took us about 20+ min to jockey the RV around trying to find a relatively level spot only requiring 2 'orange leveling blocks' under the 'off-kilter' side). All was fine for about 2 hours until the winds came up and the RV started rocking side to side--then my dream campsite turned into a nightmare as I feared getting blown off the cliff! Because I also was concerned about my slides getting damaged or my slide toppers being ripped to shreds, I brought in the slides and spent a fitful night rocking and rolling. I watched my neighbors (only other camper in the 12 spot park) move their rig 4-5 times trying to find a safer spot...they too had a sleepless night.

The next morning, we decided to leave (3 days/nights early), but couldn't find anyone to advise (& try to get a refund...) In fact, that is/was another complaint...very unwelcoming check-in...no information re: amenities & how to get WiFi (asked a cottage guest who gave me the password). The place seems kind of deserted and semi-neglected. The restaurant/cafe is closed and the 'office' seems unstaffed most of the time (at least the times I tried to get assistance OR inform of early departure). Apparently the 'resort' (& I use the term loosely) is for sale and is being managed by some outside entity until it is sold. So, I decided to abandon my hopes of getting a $90+ cdn refund and left this sad, isolated place.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank itchyfeetx2
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

We have nothing but great things to say about this place. The facilities are perfect, the location and view are gorgeous and the staff was warm and friendly. The price is more than reasonable for either the 1-bedroom or even the luxury cottage. Wake up to a perfect view of the sunrise, wrapped in blankets if need be, and enjoy the gannets diving for meals in a panoramic view of the ocean. Enjoy!!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple