“Unbelievable serenity and beauty”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 9 reviews

Reviews from our community

Greg F
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Unbelievable serenity and beauty”
Reviewed 8 January 2020 for a stay in December 2019

The stay on this little gem was the most wonderful thing I have ever done. Jonathan, who arranged our stay, was most helpful. The Guna gentlemen that staffed the island were very friendly and helpful at every turn. They presented us with every need we could have. The island, the tours and the views and experiences are beyond simple description. Beautiful! I could stay there forever.

Go to the more southern part of the beach past the groomed area and there are coral and brilliant fish to observe as you snorkel. I was also fortunate to see an Eagle Ray.

I hesitate to say go. As I would fear too much tourism would endanger this island paradise.

Date of stay: December 2019
Sasha P
“Absolute bliss”
Reviewed 15 July 2019 for a stay in June 2019

Every aspect of this trip was very well planned, from the hostel pickup in the morning, to the boat ride to the island, to the tour to the indigenous community. I went with my girlfriend and my parents and we stayed in two of the cabins on the island. When we arrived, the island caretakers were very quick to help us bring our bags to our cabins and ask us if we would like a cold drink. They immediately went to make sure we had water in the reserve tank to take a shower if we needed. The first night, they caught fresh fish. It was a relative of tuna and was absolutely delicious. The next morning, there was hot water for tea and coffee and for lunch, had chicken. That morning we asked if we could have lobster and/or crab for dinner. When we got back from our day long tour, which I highly recommend, there was a bag of 15 lobsters and 2 crabs waiting for us off the dock. The sauce that Julian prepared was amazing. At night, they made us a bonfire and we had rum and fresh juice from coconuts. Jonathan and his team were very helpful with everything we needed and very accommodating to suit our needs. Next time we are back in Panama, we will be staying here again. 10/10!
Thank you very much Jonathan, we hope to see you again soon!

Date of stay: June 2019
Linda P
“Easy, all included trip to a beautiful island”
Reviewed 5 July 2019 for a stay in June 2019

Booking this trip through Jonathan is super easy and convenient. All travel and food is taken care of allowing you to relax and enjoy. We were picked up around 5.30am and were on the island at 10am the who journey was very smooth and we were pleasantly surprised to find that the car had Wifi.
The accommodation on the island is a bamboo cabin with beds and bug nets, there is no air-con so check the temperatures before you go. In June it was very hot at night. You have shared shower and WC facilities and a larger hut where everyone eats together, my brother and I enjoyed social atmosphere of eating with the other guests. The food is generally fried chicken or fish with sides of salad and beans and rice. If you want to try the lobster you can order in the morning for a little extra money. I would really recommend that! It was the most delicious thing ever!
We also booked on to the tour which provides a couple of exciting snorkeling opportunities and a visit to the island where the Guna yala communities live which was very interesting, would highly recommend.
Overall we really enjoyed a relaxed few days in the San Blas island at the end of our trip.

Date of stay: June 2019
644micha...
Warszawa
“Perfectly remote place away from city noise”
Reviewed 18 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

We spend only one night on Narasgandub Dummad island due to our thight schedule in Panama but we will always remember how beautiful this place is. Our host Jonatha provided all information required to get into and came back from island and also helped with organising our stay. If you are looking for peacefull place close to the nature this Narasgandub Dummad is for you :)

Date of stay: February 2018
kokota
Brooklyn, New York
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed 3 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017
people found this review helpful

To start, Jonathan is amazing. I speak no Spanish and he arranged the entire trip for me and my two young children. He arranged a car to pick me up at our hotel in Panama City to take us to the coast, he got us on a boat to the island, and setup a snorkeling tour of the islands the next day. People knew who we were so I didn't have to worry about where I was going or what I was supposed to do next. He was super reliable, always available for questions before the trip and even gave the staff on the island a phone so that I could contact him with any issues!

The island itself is a paradise. We could walk around the entire island in 7 minutes (we timed it!). There is nothing to do but relax, swim in the gorgeous clear water, read and drink coconut water. If you want a break from life, this is it. White sand, blue water and coconut trees. It's awesome. All the meals are included in the price of your stay. The meals are gigantic. Lots of fried fish, coconut rice or plantains. The restaurant also has some snacks and sodas for sale if you need to eat between meals but we brought our own snacks -- I advise doing the same if you prefer healthier snacking options. The bathrooms were a three minute walk from the hut. They were rustic but always clean with toilet paper. The showers were separate but similar-- clean, but we wore our flip flops while showering. A few things I advise bringing other than the obvious include: fast drying towels, head lamps (so you can see at night), medication for motion sickness for the car ride to the coast, and money/change (so that you can tip people on the island).

Now for the not so great: The hut. I didn't expect much. I go camping and I lived in the bush in Africa -- I'm fine with rustic. However, after walking around the island and looking at other huts I see that there are variations of 'nice' and I think a few things could be provided that wouldn't cost much but would provide so much more comfort to guests. First, mosquito nets. I requested them in advance and Jonathan intended to have them for me, but it didn't work out. I think that every bed should have a mosquito net whether or not it's requested. We were provided with one mosquito net that had a huge hole on top. Both nights we were all eaten alive. With all of the mosquito borne illness in the area, I was not happy about the situation. It was the end of the rainy season and there's tons of mosquitos at night. Even with DEET. Next, it would be nice to have hooks around the room so that guests can hang things up. I couldn't even find a nail. It's dark in the hut and was hard to find things in my dark luggage. It would have been nice to be able to hang things on the wall. Next, a fan. There is electricity at night and a fan would be awesome. It was oppressively hot at night and there's no breeze that comes through the hut unless you have the doors wide open -- even then there's very little breeze. Finally, a table and chairs on the back porch. There is a hammock outside, but a little plastic table and chairs would be nice to have to sit outside to play card games, or just sit and watch the ocean. Finally, there was no cover for the garbage can outside the hut, so the sitting water probably didn't help the mosquito situation.

I think these small touches to the hut would make the experience that much better.

It was truly a unique and memorable experience - I highly recommend it!

Date of stay: November 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.