“Good crepes, decent prices.”
Review of Mar Dulce - CLOSED

Mar Dulce
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Good food, good music in a relaxed atmosphere.Breakfast, brunch, dinner and launch.Monchis friendly: cakes, cookies, macaroons, flambé fruit, fruit salad.The best cocktails of the island.Free wi fi, photo service.And more ..
Reviewed 7 November 2014

Can't go wrong with a good crepe. THe owner is always around, very hospitable, He was quite entertaining, and made sure the food was good. I was in town several days, and the place seemed to ALWAYs been open, and always have people. Good food, great hospitality.

Reviewed 9 September 2014

THIS was a night to remember. We arived at mar dulce, thursty 4 wine we sat down, real red wine n brucheta for appetiser, a Nice cut of fresh meat prepeard to the tip of exelec n the chimichurri authentic! I am a norwegian chef i i will recomend Mar Dulce to evryone that is or are going to Ometepe. We are going back to che, a wonderfull spirit in the name of cooking! Che-fesito; hats of fore your place i a paradice! Love from the cold north.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My friend and I got in on one of the last ferries and scrambled to find a place to eat after checking in. Luckily, we stumbled across this place and had an amazing dinner. . .for me, it was the best of the entire trip. We were on the road all day and hadn't eaten. The portions were enormous and the food was fantastic. I had shrimp with garlic and couldn't get over it and how delicious the starter salad and sides were. It was all fairly simple, yet completely amazing. The owner was great and sat down to talk with us after dinner. He was friendly and gave us plenty of tips for our trip. We could've stayed all night talking to him and hanging out listening to music! It was so relaxing and I can't wait for my next trip back to Ometepe.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was a nice treat, we stopped here because we did not want to go all the way to Balque. It's like eating at a friends house. The owner is very friendly, he's from Argentina, I think. We shared an entre and some drinks. Great food, good times, nice people. We would visit again if there.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Information first. Mar Dulce is not located in Moyogalpa anymore. That location closed several months ago, and the Argentinian owner took a few months off to relax. He opened at his new location beside the road to Balgue just a few weeks ago. The new place is his home and has just 5 tables. Che says he was in need of a simpler life where he does everything himself. His beloved dog passed away also, so he truly is a one man show.

We ate here twice on my daughter's birthday. For lunch she had a huge and perfectly grilled whole tilapia. My wife had fried meatballs and I went for a massive burrito with cabbage instead of rice. The homemade hot sauce on the burrito was amazing. Everything was delicious and as we were the only diners Che not only did everything himself and delivered all the dishes simultaneously with perfect readiness, he found time to chat extensively with us. He's a very engaging fellow. And his music selection is pretty fair too!

That meal sold us. We returned for dinner and this time we all went for the steak with chimichurri. The steaks were large, tender, and perfectly cooked, and we loved the complex flavors of the sauce. Although his new menu doesn't include desserts, Che magicked up a pineapple flambe for my daughter's birthday, which was on the house. Oh yes, he did it this time while looking after 3 other tables!

What more can I say? We loved this restaurant! If you go to Ometepe (highly recommended), fit Mar Dulce (sweet sea) into your schedule. I'm sure you will be pleased.

1  Thank Rick B