All reviews honor system short walk great place laid back breakfast was delicious private cabin stayed longer five nights place to stay beautiful spot highly recommend this place close to town lots of space new owners ometepe island clean rooms shared bathroom
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I might be 5 months late on this review, but I'm hoping it speaks volumes that this place is still so top of mind for me months later. I stayed there during the Holidays (2017), and thought I'd only be dropping in for the night before heading to the other side of the island. That quickly changed as I met the amazing crew that runs this place, and everything else just fell into place perfectly. This hostel is more like a boutique B&B with pool, and it was an amazing change from all the other spots I had stayed at. Beyond the amazing/quaint property - the staff is AMAZING and will help you find the right deals around the island as they have some legit connections that they've tested out over the years. Some of the kindest, most helpful people around. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Room tip: Dorm is perfect (levels beyond others), but the private is well worth it for a night or two if you want to catch up on sleep.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2018

This review is for the Concepcion volcano hike, not the hotel. My boyfriend and I booked a volcano hike that had been recommended on TripAdvisor forums, which I didn't realize was through Hospedaje Soma until we were done. We stayed somewhere else on Ometepe (a hotel I really liked) but wish we had stayed at Soma. Our volcano guide, Marlon, was AMAZING; I couldn't recommend him more. He kept pace with us regardless of how slow we needed to go. He knew everything about the flora on the volcano and would stop to describe what was around us. He was also so encouraging and kind; I had a hard time completing the hike but he made me feel like I could really do it. When we got back to Soma afterwards, I wished we had booked a room there since it seemed so nice and welcoming. In conclusion, Soma seemed like a great place to stay - but I can say with certainty organizing your volcano hike through Soma is the way to go.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Soma for 4 nights and would have liked to have stayed longer if we had extra time. A very laid back and relaxing place to stay, the staff and owners were helpful and friendly, the breakfast omelettes were a great start to each day, the pool was perfect to cool off and the place was generally clean and well maintained. We stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom which was very spacious with a table and chairs both inside and out on the porch. The Wifi also worked well from everywhere we tried which was nice for getting some life admin sorted. Would definitely recommend!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Hospedaje Soma is the perfect place to stay while visiting Ometepe! We had a private cabin, and it was fantastic -- spacious, private bathroom, AC, fans, porch with hammock, and excellent Wifi. The common spaces were great too; the pool area was the perfect place to relax in the evenings. Snacks and beverages (beer, wine, rum, soda, water) were available on-site, which was super convenient. Breakfast was delicious! I would stay here again without hesitation.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2018

One of the best accommodations we stayed at in Nicaragua. My wife and I had a wonderful time at Soma. The staff is super helpful and friendly. We loved chilling at the pool everyday and doing nothing but relaxing, which we needed after so many days traveling up and down Nicaragua. I think the locations is just perfect (450mts away from the main dock, where you can find supermarkets, drugstores, bars and restaurants). From Soma you can rent a bicycle or a scooter and just drive around the island. The atmosphere at Soma is just of peace and tranquility. So my wife and I loved it here. If Im ever back in Ometepe, this is definitely the place I'll be staying at!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple