All reviews lamb pretty village minute steak the pub selection of vegetables residents lounge fabulous evening guinea fowl sunday lunch booked a table an evening meal scallops fish pie an excellent meal north yorkshire yorkshire pudding cooked to perfection
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Spent a very enjoyable break here. Fantastic food and super staff . Bedroom ( downstairs extension) was immaculate and comfortable. Only complaint is that there is no or little sound deadening between the adjoining rooms and you can hear EVERYTHING ! If you are in these rooms take ear plugs . Overall a brilliant place to stay a night or several nights !

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Just enjoyed a weekend here with my 5 year old daughter & parents. This country pub/hotel is absolutely fantastic. The pub is spotlessly clean with the most comfortable beds. The staff are genuinely welcoming & friendly. Helen (the manager) goes above & beyond what you would expect in terms of customer service. She even made pretend strawberries for my daughter’s polar bear to eat for breakfast after she overheard my daughter saying she’s like to feed her bear strawberries. Nothing is too much trouble.
The food is of a very high quality with a good selection on the menu. The assiette of desserts is out of this world.
There was a great ambience in the restaurant on both Friday & Saturday evenings.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this place. The owners & their staff are doing a wonderful job & we hope to return again soon. Thank you for a truly memorable weekend & for being so welcoming.
P.S. my daughter is really missing Charlie the black lab!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Shirls2505
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Sheer luck we (two pensioner couples) ended up here for our North Yorks Moors 4-night break to explore the area and use our NT & HHA memberships visiting properties. Great location, with Pickering - one end of the NYM steam railway's line to Whitby - a short drive away. Comfortable double bedrooms, good showers and a useful residents' lounge were complemented by excellent meals. We enjoyed the first class Yorkshire cooked breakfast served in the restaurant/dining room from 8.30 to 9.30 a.m. (but could be late for business people perhaps?). First evening had an excellent meal in the restaurant but for two of the other evenings we went for the more relaxed 5.30 to 6.30 p.m. early dinner options in the bar. Highly recommended. Same meals as the restaurant but very good, simpler options available too. Food and service were excellent throughout. Friendly, competent young staff more than made up for any shortcomings from poor 'Mr Dour' (noting comments made in other reviews). Good Wi-Fi reception pleased me (why can't Premier Inns get that right?).
So, highly recommended on present performance. Perhaps in the future - the business has been up for sale for a year - things could be different, but go there now and enjoy!

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Ian E
Reviewed 22 September 2018

We stayed here for 4 nights with another couple expecting to eat in other places but the food in both the restaurant & bar was so good we only had one meal elsewhere. There was a wide choice of food, large portions & beautifully presented. Breakfasts too were delicious. The bedrooms were fine with comfortable beds, tea & coffee making facilities & small but very clean bathrooms with lovely hot showers. Best of all the staff were delightful - always helpful & did everything needed. Altogether an excellent place to stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch. Female waiting staff were nice and Sunday roast was lovely. Experience was slightly soured when my friend and I went to pay the bill. We were splitting the bill and both using debit cards (probably a bit annoying for the person accepting payment but it is simply the way of the world now). We handed the gentleman behind the bar our bill and suggested we would like to simply split it. He abruptly handed it back to me and said “you work it out”. He wasn’t smiling, he seemed irritated. He was rude. He didn’t ask if we had enjoyed our meal and quite frankly I walked out fuming. I was showing a friend the area and it left a poor impression. Shame, we had enjoyed our meal immensely.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family