“Amazing place to have a rest”

Le Torracce Agriturismo Olistico
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Valfabbrica
Reviewed 13 October 2016

We were here with a group of friends. Giorgio, the owner was charmingly helpful. The place is beautiful, nice house, clean public rooms . We had the best vegetarian food I ever ate. You can make nice, not much difficult excursions to the nearest villages or to Assissi. Warmly suggested to families or also couples. Nice pool outside and also inside.
Exceptional location, original Umbrian view.

Room Tip: Exceptional view from the upper floors.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 December 2015

I suspect this place is OK if you're there as part of a course and if you like a rather aesthetic lifestyle. Unfortunately I was there as the non participating partner of my wife who was attending a seminar and, for me, it was disastrous. The plus points are that the location is stunning and the rooms are roomy and comfortable but there wasn't much else going for it. At 85 Euros a head for our room and full board we'd originally thought it was a good deal but the food was awful. We hadn't been told in advance that it was a totally vegetarian menu, which came as a bit of a shock, but that wasn't a problem as my wife and I have both been vegetarians in the past and still rarely eat meat - but the food was so bland and uninteresting. We'd originally booked for four nights but left after two - we couldn't have taken the food for another day! In a region famed for its pasta and fungi a simple spaghetti and portabello mushroom sauce would've been fantastic (we know, because we had that dish elsewhere) but all we got were bland salads and thin soups.
Other problems included some of the loudest plumbing I've heard in a long time and the apparent lack of a first aid kit when my wife fell and twisted her ankle though, to be fair, the owner did drive into town the following morning and buy a bandage. I'd hoped to make use of the advertised indoor pool - but this turned out to be a spa pool that's only available by prior request and takes three days to bring up to usable temperature.
The walking is good - which is just as well as there's nothing else to do. And I asked for advice on walking routes but was told "walk where you like" - not particularly helpful when you don't know an area and are trying to plan a route.
It's a fabulous location and, if you're there for a specific course then I'm sure it has its plus points but, from a purely personal point of view, wild horses wouldn't drag me back there.

Room Tip: Avoid the "Rose Quartz" room - the plumbing will keep you awake half the night.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2015

The beautiful restored and historic watch tower has been transformed into an exceptional location for seminar groups and independent guests of all kinds. I attended a writing and yoga retreat but would definitely return for a family vacation to this gorgeous part of Umbria and to the well run Le Torracce. Some have commented in their reviews of their surprise or distress at having towels replaced every three days or or straightening their own bed linens in the morning - I found it to be respectful of both the environment and of the guests to provide privacy and a relaxed home-like environment. If I awoke early, I could help myself to an espresso or cappuccino for a very reasonable price in a well stocked coffee and refreshment bar. Gorgio and his family were always helpful in booking taxis, providing information and accommodating requests. The meals could warrant their own review for the superb flavours and wide variety of offerings. Given it's primarily seminar-retreat nature, it is buffet style and self serve - this proved to be a relaxed and preferred way to dine with our group. I would love to be able to sample the amazing menu and offerings prepared by the talented chefs Gorgio and his daughter. It is clearly apparent this family is dedicated and committed to offering their guests a wonderful experience. An added bonus: ancient Franciscan walking paths, a quick (and beautiful) 8km car or taxi ride to Assisi, a fitness walk to the beautiful town of Valfabbrica for gelato. I would highly recommend Le Torracce.

Room Tip: The third floor corner room is spacious and bright, two gorgeous view points with opposing windows...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Le Torracce was recommended to me to host a yoga,writing retreat and I will be eternally grateful for that recommendation. Giorgio and Leela and their helpers were exceedingly gracious, accommodating, helpful, and generous. The grounds are stunningly beautiful and the vistas breathtaking. The rooms in the original tower are all unique, many with their own terraces, and all well-appointed. The food was first class, varied, mostly organic and local, and all of our requests were incorporated into the fare.
There are several group rooms for yoga, classes, conferences, and workshops - each one with its own charm and facilities.
Although one would be hard-pressed to say which aspect of our ten day stay at Le Torracce, the attention to detail and the swift response to all of our requests - such as organizing taxis and day trips, were among those most appreciated.
Le Torracce is quiet - a place of tranquility in the midst of olive groves on a steep winding hill.
We have already booked our retreat for next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Wonderful house that was built to make anyone feel relaxed and at easy. Built on a cliff, this house offers stunning views of Umbrian countryside...
Fabulous location on a gorgeous country road close to Assisi and Perugia.
Complete relaxation...
Food was excellent and unforgettable!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple