“Great authentic Mexican food just outside Madrid”
Review of Donde Valo

Donde Valo
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in El Casar
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

Well worth the trip if you’re looking for good Mexican food in Guadalajara, only 49 minutes from Madrid centre.
Try the Tacos De Camarón, Cochinita Pinilla if you’re nice the chef will invite you to a tequila and sangrita!
In a word, fantastic.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a reviewReviews (217)

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Visited yesterday while visiting friends in Madrid.

Lovely place. Excellent service. Friendly staff. Delicious food. Faultless. 10/10.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2017

As an Auxiliar de Conversación My American friend and I lived in this small town for a year, and the highlight was not only the incredible mexican food of this restaurant but the incredible people that work there. The margaritas have no sugar added, literally ice lemon juice and tequila and it is the best tequila I have found outside of Mexico. The dishes are incredible and he makes them all right in the back. Literally I have not had one dish that I haven't liked (and as someone who doesn't enjoy cooking I have had the chance to try just about them all). Though my favorite would have to be the pollo al chipotle and the alambra. Definitely sharing style portions as well! Finding good spicy food in Spain can be tricky, but Valo has brought so many incredible flavor palettes to this small town that even though my friend and I now live in the city we go all the way back for his food. And while it is a Mexican restaurant he offers typical spanish breakfasts that are equally as delicious. If you are in Madrid it is worth the 45 minute bus ride to see a small pueblo, and have the most delicious Mexican food you will find in Spain.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We stopped at this restaurant twice during our stay in El Casar, Spain. Why? Because it has the best Mexican dishes around. Staying with my daughter in law in this small town about forty minutes from Madrid, she recommended it for dinner. We were lucky to get an outside table in their small sidewalk space on a side street.
The owner is also the chef, bar tender, and anything else needs to be done. A friendly and welcoming guy. His wait staff is truly exceptional - the two young women who wait on customers speak some English and enjoy using their growing vocabulary. Both young women are very attentive and friendly, willing to answer questions about the dishes AND places to check out in the surrounding area. We had such a good time hanging out with friends that we stayed till closing. The owner and the two waitresses posed for photos. We're definitely going back to Donde Valo the next time we visit.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Feels like home away from home. The food is authentic and very good value for money. Valo, the owner is warm and makes you feel as though you are someone special.

Date of visit: January 2017