“art and culture in one”

Fu-Guei-Tau-Yuan Art & Culture Restaurant
Ranked #664 of 4,225 Restaurants in Xinbei
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Neighbourhood: Sanxia / Yingge District
Neighbourhood: Sanxia / Yingge District
Reviewed 10 December 2016

I looks special both inside and out, and the food matches the looks. Some traditional Chinese mixed with a dash or Japanese or an excellently prepared western style dish, it looks and tastes delicious.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

As soon as you spot this restaurant, you can tell that this is going to be somewhere special and I wasn't disappointed. The ground floor is an exhibition space and the upper floor is a restaurant. The food was exceptional - I went for the vegetarian hot-pot (which didn't sound that appetising, have to admit) but it was very good indeed. I also loved the salad that preceded it but my favourite part of the meal was the beautiful pudding, which looked too good to eat. The tea was exceptionally high quality too.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

We spent a long afternoon lunch in this attractive restaurant. The food was delicious and very well presented. I would highly recommend the restaurant for a long, enjoyable time of food and conversation.

Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

Nothing on my plate made any sense and worse it didn't go together. What a shame because the restaurant is beautiful, the service excellent and my lamb shank perfectly cooked. The staff even brought me hot milk that was in a very small cute jug for my coffee.
I can say the set meal was fairly priced and the dessert/fruit was not bad and at least made the most sense. Everything was presented very well, but the main course was over worked resulting in something awful.
This European Asian fusion creates confusion and they need to seriously re think their menu. Needless to say I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to any foreigner as I feel perhaps it's catered more for local Taiwanese taste and for them it maybe perfect. I've eaton in many fine fusion restaurants and non of them had over complicated their menu like Fu-Guei-Tau-Yuan Art and Culture Restaurant has. I'm confident a menu can be created to suit all tastes.

Reviewed 25 November 2014

Resaturant that lloks quite modern and that is situaed on the 1st floor, downstairs looking like some kind of modern art gallery.

Service is friendly.
Food is not really that good, it is a sort of mixture between european and asian style, and from the descriptions it was difficult to make a good choice since I didn't want to tak a risotto with tomatosauce and cheese or similar things...
Preparations were ok but nothing special.