Golden Spruce Cabins
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2015

Everything about this place is great. Patty is the nicest person ever and a darn good cook! The milkshakes are amazing and so are the burgers. My friend and I were on our way to Wrangell St. Elias National Park and it was a longer drive than we thought so we decided to eat and spend the night there. We loved Patty and the whole place so much that we planned to stay there on our way back from the park and made sure we left early enough to get there while the burgers and milkshakes were still being served. Could not have asked for a better place. Oh, AND Patty told us that there was a great chance of seeing the Northern Lights that second night and we saw the best northern lights display EVER! IF you need a place to stop on your way to the park, there is no better place than Golden Spruce Cabins!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chelsea D
Reviewed 8 June 2015

My parents swear by this place and took us there while we were on our visit heading to Valdez. Patty makes the BEST food! My fiancé tends to be very picky about his burgers, and when asked what his favorite part of the entire trip was, he said, "Patty's Burgers". They have the cutest little store and set up. I definitely see why my parents love this place so much.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Chexie21
Reviewed 5 May 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed there on our way to and from Wrangell St Elias National Park. The owner Patty was really really friendly, accommodating, and kind. She tipped us off to the possibility of seeing the Northern Lights one night and that night we got to see an amazing display, one of the high points of the trip.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bobby S
Reviewed 27 June 2014

These must be about the cheapest cabins in this area I suspect coming in at about US$75 for a double and they are pretty good.
The cabins themselves are clean and comfortable and have tea and coffee making facilities in them but no bathrooms or toilets.
There are a couple of long drop toilets outside near the cabins but up in the main reception area which also has a shop and restaurant there are nice bathrooms and a hot shower for guests to use.
The lady who runs it is very nice and cooks good homemade food in the restaurant.
One thing to watch here though is the mosquitos which can be pretty bad at times.
Otherwise though we enjoyed it and would go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mozzroom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed at Golden Spruce Cabins for two nights with a group of 7 sharing one cabin. The host was very friendly and accomodating. She allowed us to put up a tent next to the cabin for no extra charge. The cabins are in good condition and clean. The little store/restraunt is nice and prices are reasonable. I thought that the cabins were a very good value. The bathroom facilities could use some help.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family