“Great location, disgusting hotel”
Review of Wuksachi Lodge

Wuksachi Lodge
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We checked in to the hotel late in the evening. As my partner completed the check in, a couple who were 'walk ins'. They were greeted and rudely treated. We went to our room, via an unlit street, no reason for a lack of marker lighting and got to our deluxe room.

This is the most horrific sight I have ever seen in a hotel. Obviously the location plays a huge part in this as the hotel management obviously do not care about customer experience over revenue.

The room was disgusting, there were no skirting boards on the walls (there had been but they had been ripped off). The room was dirty, like something from a teen horror film.

No air con and a heater system as old as the arc, everything was covered in inches of dust, this is no exaggeration, the room was filthy from the pictures to the head board to the fans, towel rail and the fan. Oh my god the fan, inches thick with dust on both sides.

The reception of the hotel was no better having looked around.

The food in the restaurant was inedible and the staff are nonplussed by the fact the hotel is a health hazard, probably due to its location.

My recommendation would be to either chance it in the woods with the bears or arrive in an RV and know where you're staying.

Price does not equal quality, please think before spending your hard earned cash on this place!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris K
smatl0ck, Exec Admin Assistant at Wuksachi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Chris,

I deeply apologize for your horrible experience. It is never our intention to give a guest one such as this. We were going through a total remodel of the guest rooms in all of the 3 lodge buildings and the ambiance did suffer. The final stages are now happening and the baseboards are in and the construction is over. We are down to just hanging drapes at this point. I know that when a guest has a bad experience from the time they walk in, the rest of the stay follows suite. I will forward this on to the dept. managers for them to read and share with the staff. Thank you for your candor and we again, apologize.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,451)

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Beautiful and simplistic natural dining area.
Keep in mind that lunch stops at 3 p.m. and dinner begins at 430 p.m.
Sautéed mushrooms are delicioso.
Hamburgers are dry.
Food is basic. Overpriced. But choices are LIMITED in this area.
I ended up eating a sautéed mushroom burger because the patty was hard and not eatable.
Service: speedy and excellent and courteous.
I will likely package sandwiches from Subway in the future.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the review. I apologize for falling short in some areas but grateful that you brought it to our attention. I will share this with the appropriate managers and we will use it for training purposes. I hope that you arrived to your next destination safely.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

This property could be much better with needed improvements.
The staff was not welcoming nor overly helpful.
Seniors need assistance getting luggage to the rooms and this should be an automatic service. The room was clean but had a mouse and a broken bathroom sliding door.
Over priced for the long distance walk to the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
smatl0ck, Exec Admin Assistant at Wuksachi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for the review and I apologize that it seems we fell short in a few areas. I hope that you were able to enjoy the park and then arrived to your next destination safely.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

When I check into a hotel, I expect a clean room. That includes dusting. The ceiling fan over the bed was so dirty, that the dust was hanging off the fan. Ditto for the fan in the bathroom. This type of filth should never occur. The room is very rustic however the air conditioner, phone system and hair dryer in our room didnt work. The bathroom towels on the other hand were very clean- I appreciated that. The next morning when we approached the front desk about our concerns, we were told 'well you were given a bed.' Seriously. The Lodge is located in a beautiful area of the park and is convenient however unless you want an asthmatic sleep, I suggest continue to change rooms until you find a clean one. And be forewarned- parking the far from the hotel and there arent any elevators to the higher hotel floors.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Abby,

I deeply apologize for the experience that you had to suffer through. It is never our intentions for our guests to walk away from here feeling as you do. I will forward this to the GM and the housekeeping manager, manager and inspectors. From this they will tighten up their operations to ensure that this is not the norm. Thank you for the review, as we see every one of them as an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Not impressed with our room at all. We paid $254 a night, our room phone was disconnected, water leak in bathroom sink, no air conditioner, or Internet ( their website said limited- we didn't get any service, and house keeping did a poor job. For $254 we were expecting higher quality.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review and I will forward it on. I apologize for your less than satisfactory experience with us; I hope you arrived to your next destination safely and was met with a better experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
23.7 km away
John Muir Lodge
John Muir Lodge
#2 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
14.3 km away
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer...
#3 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
27.3 km away
Lazy J Ranch-Americas Best Value Inn
25 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon

Been to Wuksachi Lodge? Share your experiences!