We checked in to the hotel late in the evening. As my partner completed the check in, a couple who were 'walk ins'. They were greeted and rudely treated. We went to our room, via an unlit street, no reason for a lack of marker lighting and got to our deluxe room.
This is the most horrific sight I have ever seen in a hotel. Obviously the location plays a huge part in this as the hotel management obviously do not care about customer experience over revenue.
The room was disgusting, there were no skirting boards on the walls (there had been but they had been ripped off). The room was dirty, like something from a teen horror film.
No air con and a heater system as old as the arc, everything was covered in inches of dust, this is no exaggeration, the room was filthy from the pictures to the head board to the fans, towel rail and the fan. Oh my god the fan, inches thick with dust on both sides.
The reception of the hotel was no better having looked around.
The food in the restaurant was inedible and the staff are nonplussed by the fact the hotel is a health hazard, probably due to its location.
My recommendation would be to either chance it in the woods with the bears or arrive in an RV and know where you're staying.
Price does not equal quality, please think before spending your hard earned cash on this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge