If you are visiting Sequoia National Park, the Wuksachi Lodge is the beest location in the park without having to pitch a tent. The rooms are located in 3 buildings up the street from the main lodge. The rooms are large, with a refrigerator. There is no air conditioning, but the rooms do have ceiling fans and room/window fans. The carpets and bedspread need cleaning (desparately!). Everett at the front desk was very helpful and friendly, but the waitstaff in the restaurant were surly and didn't seem to care (I guess because they were the only full service restaurant around the park). We had to wait at least 10 minutes after being seated before the server came to the table or even acknowldeged us.
There is free WiFi in the lobby(which gets crowded after dinner, due to this).
The hotel is located about 45 minutes inside the park (about 20 miles), and we experienced a 20 min construction delay on the main road. Our GPS didn't have the right location for the hotel (it put us at a camping area off road!), so be aware of this anomaly.
The hotel is located about 7500 ft altitude, so if you aren't used to the altitude, you may find walking around to be intensive (also, alcohol hits you harder at this altitude).
We would definitely recommend this hotel if visiting the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge