Wuksachi Lodge is stylish and upscale without being intimidatingly snobbish. The rooms are spacious, and the beds supremely comfortable. Just one word of caution: no elevator. Our room was 335, which means it was on the third floor.
Our visit was greeted by two deer who simply fed off the bushes. They were so tame they let people come within a couple feet and take photos. They were SO tame I had to caution my friend not to feed them berries out of his hand!
Back to the lodge.... The whole area is beautifully encircled by an endless expanse of trees. It's quiet and beautiful. The restaurant was really quite good (I'll review that separately). They smartly keep the menu a touch limited because, if you offer too wide a variety, there would no way to keep the high standards they obviously have. Mainly they offer meat and seafood, but isn't that the type of heart fare you want after a long day of trekking around?
I also appreciated their reasonable prices, especially for dessert. I don't believe anything was more than $7 for dessert. Wine was also a good buy. Just $28 for Estancia Pinot Grigio.
The Lodge has a gift shop next to the large reception desk area. It offered souvenirs I doubt you would find elsewhere.
In short, Wuksachi is a good find at a reasonable price. If it had a swimming pool I'd find it hard to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge