All reviewsframe chaletscamper cabinsport angelesshower stallfire ringdouble bedbeautiful lakerv parkthe main lodgesol ducpicnicmountainsnecessitieselectricitypaddleduckslakefront
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Typical Aramark facilities. We stayed in the new cabins above the "resort" center that are nice, basic places to sleep. The water and the mountains are the star here. Kids loved the water, we loved the mountains. Restaurant waaaayyyyyy over priced - they "ran out" of gravy for the biscuits before breakfast began one day. Basically saying they used canned gravy and didn't have any in stock. Hell, they have nice sausage - pretty easy to make a decent gravy! I'd come back again, but only because there are few other choices. There are not many hikes starting from this side of the lake so be prepared to drive a bit if exploring.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 27 July 2018

We rented a camper cabin (one without private bathroom or kitchen) and really liked the cabin itself. It was clean and well-located; the furniture was nice too. We have rented cabins like this at private campgrounds and at other National Parks, and this one compared favorably in price and quality. So we had no complaints about the cabin itself.

Of course the location is stunning with the lake and mountain view. There is no denying that.

Those most familiar with our nation's National Parks know that our greatest idea is a story of over-use and under-investment. Log Cabin Resort is no exception. We arrived on a beautiful Sunday afternoon in July to find the place PACKED with locals/day-trippers. The noisy motorboats on the lake should never be permitted in a National Park, and the cars parked all over the grass was an additional affront to the concept of preserving our natural spaces. The place was crowded and loud with an environment more akin to a boozy Labor Day picnic.

I am happy to report that the area cleared out in the evening, and the crowds did not return during the week. This is when we really enjoyed the peace and beauty of Log Cabin Resort. I would encourage the National Park Service (NPS) to install a gate at Log Cabin Resort and charge admission. I am sure this would cut down on the over-use.

The facilities available to the campground and camper cabins were less than stellar. In total there is one shower stall and one sink available for all women staying at the campground and camper cabins. Even in this era of large self-sufficient campers, this number was clearly too small. Investing in another bathroom facility (with perhaps a second shower stall and sink per gender) should really be given some consideration by the NPS. Additionally, there is no facility for washing dishes for tent campers or those staying in the camping cabin. There is not even a utility sink in the laundry room (where one of two washers was broken)for this purpose. Staff instructed us to just use the water at an empty campsite which is less an ideal, of course.

We did not eat in the restaurant, so I cannot comment on that. We always have a cooler with us and stock up at the local grocery store before heading into a National Park. I would encourage everyone to do this. With a small backpacking stove, we were drinking Starbucks coffee on the lake in the morning and prepping our own meals in the evening, and this was really nice.

Log Cabin Resort is truly a beautiful setting. We enjoyed many peaceful moments there once the crowds left. I would just like to encourage the investment required to appropriately handle visitors.

Room Tip: Summer weekends are impossibly crowded
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

The place is dated but the lake is nice. However, the lake allows motorboats and they are noisy. Also, the weekends seems to fill up with local campers who are noisy so do not think that this will be a quiet and relaxing place. Without a doubt this was the worst National Park experience that we have ever had. We were really disappointed in the noise and chaos. The only employees we saw were younger and worked for the contractor--we never saw a park employee.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed in one of the A Frame Chalets for two nights over 4th of July and I have to say that I was very weary based on the reviews I read on here. I was expecting a bug infested cabin with no redeeming qualities and we were just blown away by how NOT like that it was.
It's not the Ritz Carlton but our cabin was clean, the beds were very comfortable and we had much more space than our room at the Lake Crescent Lodge. I would recommend this to anyone as long as you don't expect or require a 5 star accommodation.

There is coffee for your mornings but no utensils or dishes if you bring food. We made a run to Safeway in Port Angeles on our way in and had more than enough provisions for our stay.

Sorry to read so many bad reviews on here, and hope you'll consider staying at the Log Cabin Resort and visiting Olympic National Park. It's just lovely!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Casey B
Reviewed 6 July 2018

We stayed in a Lodge room #3 and for $167 it was a disgrace. This room was so overpriced that it was laughable, open plumbing under the sink, lanolium flooring that was in my grandparents home 50 years ago! Broken lights, a wing chair, that I would not sit in it looked so nasty. I am going to write this concessionaire with a formal complaint.

We would would have left but there was no other accommodations around. I have traveled extensively and I frequently stay in cabins, camping, hotels and this was by far the most wrongly advertised ever.

Room Tip: The cabins may be better, but lodge rooms are horrible.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple