US$92
El Rancho Dolores Motel(Twentynine Palms)
US$73
US$65
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Motel 6 Twentynine Palms(Twentynine Palms)
US$66
US$126
US$110
US$76
US$105
US$98
US$100
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

US$95
US$78
Harmony Motel(Twentynine Palms)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$89
Safari Motor Inn - Joshua Tree(Joshua Tree)(Great Value!)
US$59
All reviewsnature centeryucca valleyjoshua treesflush toiletsrunning watermid weekmain parthiking trailsfire pitgreat campsitewest entrancenice hikesresidential neighborhoodclose to townvisitor centerper nightminute drive
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We chose Black Rock because we knew we would be arriving late and wanted to guarantee a spot. Bathrooms were clean and did have running water.
The campground is inside of the park, but not accessible to the rest of the park (~20 min drive back out of the park to the nearest entrance). It was also very WINDY -- we thought it was just the weather while we were there but seems others are giving similar feedback.

We had a great time - but next time, would love to try some of the other campgrounds in the park.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017

My wife and I planned a return to Joshua Tree earlier this year and booked at this campground. We did not know the campground, and were surprised when we learned that it is basically "outside" the park, since it in the very north part of the park, and to get to the main sites in the park, you must depart the campground, drive 5 miles to the main road, drive to the Joshua Tree entrance and then re-enter the park, which is a little disappointing.

The park itself is a nice desert park, and the big plus here is running water. There are some trails here, but we were too tired to try them after doing some other hikes. We had campsite 23, which on the map looks like it is toward the edge of the camp. We had expected some noise / quiet benefits from that location, but unfortunately, on Friday night, it seemed that there were about 5+ tents of drunken millenials just across the way, who yelled, played music and debated the merits of Jack Johnson until about 1 in the morning. I can't imagine that anyone within 100 yards of these people got a decent night sleep, and there was no evidence of Park Rangers trying to keep these people civil. I told my wife that I could not do another night, but she convinced me to do some hiking on Saturday and come back and then decide if we pack up. When we returned to the site, all the millenials had packed up and left, and although I could see from the reservation board that they booked 2 nights, I guess they could not deal with the cold and left, thankfully.

Our sleep on the second night is how I remember camping to be. Mostly quiet, you hear people even very late, but there are few and not obnoxious, and seemed to show some respect for those sleeping.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but I am definitely going to have earplugs, and I am going to ask the Rangers when I see them on their policy on late night noise.

Room Tip: Download the campsite map and identify where you want to camp
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike m
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Probably the most accessible campground. Spacious pitches and fell asleep looking up at hundreds of stars. Hosts and very helpful and even when full, the campground wasn't noisy (apart from the coyotes). Took a walk to High View Trail in the morning (1.5 miles) and saw a snake and loads of other wildlife. This hike is fine for kids. Can't recommend the campground highly enough.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 5cruffy
Reviewed 15 April 2017

This campground is NOT located inside Joshua Tree National Park but in the town of Yucca Valley which is 11 miles to the nearest park entrance. You drive through a local neighborhood to reach the park entrance which left me disenchanted. In the distance, I could hear a neighbor's dog barking. Even though my reservation was tent only, I found myself near an RV that had it's generator running. Black Rock accepts reservations where the campsites inside the park do not. The campground is among joshua trees with mountain views but one I would not return to.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2017

I joined my cousins for a night at Black Rock where we enjoyed camping in the National Park. Our spaces 27 and 28 meant that we were near flush toilets, recycling receptacles, a higher elevation than most other campsites, and of course, lots of Joshua trees and open space to the west. The campground was pretty quiet - no sounds of generators or late night Spring Break partiers - which was a huge plus! The full moon - priceless! Potable water was available a few steps away from our campsite. You also have a picnic table and fire ring. Apparently there is an excellent trail that heads south out of the campground that I will explore the next time we're there.

Room Tip: Spaces numbered in the 20s.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family