Panamint Springs Resort
The Inn at Death Valley(Death Valley National Park)
US$253
bedfinder
The Ranch at Death Valley(Death Valley National Park)
US$413
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
US$78
US$73
US$97
Amargosa Opera House and Hotel(Death Valley Junction)
US$95
  • Free Internet
Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel(Death Valley National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeer selectiondarwin fallstent cabinspizzarestaurant barfull hookupslong drivemilky wayrooms are basicexploring death valleynational parkdesertballaratsolitudedvwildernesssignal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed at the water only sites of the RV park as the hookups were full. the "park" is a rock/gravel parking area and nothing special. there are a few small mesquite bushes next to each site (and a few larger trees in the full hookup area) The views of the Panamint Range are great at sunset. I was a bit disappointed we payed $30 for a water only site, but we also had 3 dogs which they hit us at $5 a pop, per dog. Kinda weak...

The biggest bummer about this place was the gas station lights across the street blasting all night and the (what I assume) is the facility generator going 24/7 over that way, too. It unfortunately takes away from the peaceful setting and star gazing a little. Granted, I'm pretty sensitive to noise, but I could even hear the generator IN the trailer.. so it must have been loud for other campers and motel guests as they were closer to it.

The bathrooms were OK... I didn't shower, but they seemed about avg looking.

The bar was great... 184 beers to choose from, including about 10 on tap. One of the best selections you'll find anywhere! The restaurant had little atmosphere, so we chose to eat in the bar. The bar was a little too dark, but we loved the bar counter.. a really cool twisted wood varnish with branches underneath.

The food: we had some chili poppers (jalapeno) and they were very good.. above avg..

dinner salads were also very good.

I had the blue cheese/bacon burger (excellent) and the wife had the3 veggie pissa (excellent).

I'm not going to dwell too much on the prices because this place is really isolated... but I do have to say $18 for a burger/salad and $21 for a small pizza is pushing it, even for it's isolation. The gas station is also a rip at $5.48 a gallon... heck, we could have filled up in Furnace creek, which is even more isolated for under $5 gallon. However, I'm not too upset as the food was very good and we needed gas.

Service was pretty good. The bartender was nice.. and the camp host from the RV park was nice and informative, and was in the bar area talking to people giving tips on the area.

anyway, all that aside... I'd have to say it was a cool place in a cool setting. Probably won't go back, but if in the area, will stop by for a beer and burger. :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Overall our stay was nice - friendly people, nice RV park, but the shower room and rest room was closed three of the four nights we stayed there and had to go use the bathroom in the resturaunt across the street. Not a big deal since we showered in the trailer but I would expect the facilities to be functional in a park I'm paying to stay at. Will probably try StovePipe Wells or the Furnace Creek ranch RV parks next trip, especially since you have to drive over Towne pass to get into DV from Panamint Springs.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coffmake
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Chances are the campground is going to be empty even though they will tell you on the phone that it will probably be full and reservations are highly suggested. DON'T give them your CC number! Go there and look the place over first. The water smells, there is little pressure and the power is low voltage which might damage your RV.
The sites are long but the connections are not in the middle and the plug was broken on my site. If you get there and decide you like it, then give them your cc as they will not let you out of a reservation.

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank BigManInRV
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed at Panamint Springs RV park the last week of October 2011. We have a 25 foot fith wheel. We come to Death Valley a couple of times a year and have stayed in several places inside the park. We really enjoyed this RV Park. Being out side of the park is nice because we can use our quads and do a lot of off roading! The gas is expensive but it is every where in the park.

The people that worked in the store and resturant were very nice. We ate at the resturant and the food was just okay. Because of the location a bit pricey but the porch is a great place to have a beer and watch the sun go down.

The Wifi worked with a few outages. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I stayed one night in a small room with one bed. The room was clean, bed comfortable, but the shower had a...hmm...dripping water. Unusable. In the middle of the night, the guy next door, woke me up; he was snoring so loud I could not get back to sleep. I guess the walls are so thin you can hear every noise coming out of every room.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple