“Fantastic seafood”

Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Parede
Price range: US$17 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurante e Cervejaria familiar com 48 anos, sempre com os mesmo mariscos fresquinhos e precos sempre acessiveis.
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I went to this restaurant with a few work colleagues, and I must say having chosen this restaurant was a really great decision. The starters and main dishes were all sea food (clamshell, shrimp, crab), and they were fantastic. You could really taste how fresh and well cooked they were. As for the desert, there was a variety to chose from. My desert was good it was called "Algarve's pie" or in portuguese "tarte Algarvia", this was in fact more of a portuguese meringue cake than anything else, with bits of almonds and egg.
The waiters could have been a bit more friendly but otherwise they were "fine". The restaurant was not fancy at all, nor it looked well taken care of, but at least it looked clean.
The price was around 22EUR per person, which is a good price considering the location and the quality of the sea food.
It is possible to make reservations for lunch and dinner time, but they will only accept reservations until 20h00.
I can completely recommend this place for the quality of the food alone.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

One of these simple traditional Portuguese places that need no fancy interior but are always crowded due to their food quality. Crab, lobster, all sorts of clams, shrimps (take the 'de Espinho', superb..) and end with a 'arroz de marisco' (take less than half a portion per person if you already had lots of food). Strongly recommended. Cannot make reservations, just show up and queue. Open until late.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very authentic restaurant. The food is fabulous. The clams in particular were delicious. The beer was cold and fresh.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Carlos M said it all in his review...

A few years ago I would be with my mouth full of water in just thinking about going there, nowadays i get only a little tingle.

The food quality continues to be good in general but the rising prices for the lower portions are the reflex of fame.

As result of fame is also the mission impossible to get a parking space near the restaurant.

I would like to see it as it once was but with little to no hope.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I, too, went to Eduardo das Conquilhas with high expectations. The setting was just about what I expected. The waiters were friendly, but clearly over-worked. I had fried squid which I enjoyed. Then I tried the crab; it was served cooked, but chilled. I'd never eaten an entire crab COLD before, and didn't find it pleasant. The body of the crab was filled with a goo that was terrible. The worst part for me was the lesson I learned about salted cod. I don't know how people get used to that - Ugh! It must be an acquired taste that I am unable to develop. If you don't like highly over-salted food, avoid bacalhau (cod) in Portuguese restaurants. I am not British, but definitely prefer my cod in British pub-style preparation rather than poached, with no flavor except for so much salt. This place was rather pricey for such a casual atmosphere too.

Date of visit: August 2017