“Best Indian Food in Devon”
Review of Samosa Lady

Samosa Lady
Reviewed 4 January 2016

Have eaten here 3 or 4 times now, and what a lovely place. Fantastic food, great service and atmosphere. Very different from your average night out, and you need to be sociable type to like the way they do things.

But as I am, it suits me and my family down to the ground!

Good to see also that Ottery is fast becoming a destination for all things foodie!

Reviewed 15 December 2015

I did not have time to order anything else, but the welcome and what little I had was first-rate. Both the meat and the vegetable samosas were really good.

1  Thank Silascum
Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

We ate here recently and had a delicious lunch albeit rather expensive. Maybe why the place was empty! Only open Thursday- Sunday. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

We were having a busy morning and needed something to eat, we saw the word "cafe" on a sign across the street and entered. Initial thoughts was it looked like bit of a jumble of tables and chairs of different styles and it was difficult to work out what they served, but the welcome was lovely so we stayed. Choices were a number of daily special curries or snacks of samosas and chutney, I was going to have a snack but when the wife went for the veggie Currie, I opted for the meat one. The little one (19 month old) was getting fidgetty as he'd not eaten but they offered a small amount of curry with some yoghurt added, he's had curry in nursery so we went with it. Lunch comes with coffee or chai tea and we order a large caffetier and a squash for the tiddler. In the few minutes it takes for the food to come out he manages to push a number of chairs around, throw dried lentils around from a display and break the cup of squash he now has... The samosa lady couldn't have been nicer, telling us not to worry and talking to the little one and showing him things around the cafe. Beautiful curries and nice strong coffee, my lamb curry was particularly good, intense flavours, not too hot and it really was filling. I went in thinking I was going to have a fryup brekkie, but I am so glad we stayed and went for something different.
All in all it was an unexpected delight and we are looking forward to to visiting again.

2  Thank andysindevon