We stayed at Sibuya in March and had the most fabulous time. From the moment we arrived, we were looked after well. We loved the trip down the river to the camp - it really did feel as if we were leaving civilisation behind! However, once we arrived at Forest Camp, it became very clear that we had our own little piece of heaven. Our ranger, David, welcomed us, showed us around the camp and also to our rooms. He explained everything really clearly to us. It was a bit of a surprise that he spent so much time with us - both eating, and taking us out on safari - but this made for an even better experience, in our opinion.
The actual safari experience was magical. We went out on the boat again, to pick up the jeep - and David then drove us around the 7000 acre reserve, where we saw Rhino, Elephants, Lions, Giraffe, Zebra, Impala, Nyala, Wart Hogs, Koda - amongst others. David also pointed out a multitude of birds to us, and explained in detail about the animal behaviour and reaction to human interface. I don't really understand why this reserve isn't better known - because we felt it was simply fantastic! Would love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big 5 Sibuya has more navigable river than any other game reserve in South Africa. The unique experience starts immediately with a 45 minute boat transfer from the village of Kenton-on-Sea to River or Forest Camp - luxury en-suite tented accommodation nestled in riverine forest and constructed in an environmentally conscious manner. Luxurious Bush Lodge, situated just outside the main Reserve in a pristine indigenous forested valley, is accessed the same way and then guests are transferred by game drive vehicle to the Lodge. All buffet-stlye meals & beverages are included - as are canoeing, fishing, swimming, birding etc. Add-on activities at a nominal extra rate include massages, horse riding on the beach and golf. An abundance of wildlife from Elephants to Otters and prolific bird life await you. Guests are hosted and guided by a team of experienced knowledgeable professionals who ensure a memorable personalised stay which will leave you saying 'Sibuya!' - 'We will return!' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Expedia so you can book your Sibuya Game Reserve: 4 -Star Luxury Tented Camps and Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- Sibuya Game Reserve And Tented Camp
- Sibuya Game Reserve: 4 -Star Luxury Tented Camps And Lodge South Africa/Kenton-On-Sea