What can you say about Sibuya? A magical experience that starts with your boat ride up river. My wife and two kids stayed at the lovely River camp. The accommodation was luxurious and beautiful, nestled among the trees. We shared the camp with 2 other couples which meant that it felt like a very personal experience where we chatted and exchanged stories, yet there was still plenty of scope for privacy if that is what you wanted. The food was delicious, freshly prepared and not over the top. Dining is in the lovely main lodge were all the guests and our ranger share a table. We all also enjoyed swimming in the river.
Our ranger, Scott was very pleasant and tremendously knowledgeable. We only stayed 1 night but enjoyed 2 drives and saw most animals bar the elephants. The joy of Sibuya is that while large, it is not so large that you spend hours looking for animals, here you are assured of seeing a great deal of wildlife. If you can stay at least 2 days you should.
I cannot recombined Sibuya highly enough. Our two weeks in SA were filled with amazing sights and experiences, I have visited Addo and Shamwari, but Sibuya will always be remembered as something very, very special. Thanks you guys for an amazing visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big 5 Sibuya has more navigable river than any other game reserve in South Africa. The unique experience starts immediately with a 45 minute boat transfer from the village of Kenton-on-Sea to River or Forest Camp - luxury en-suite tented accommodation nestled in riverine forest and constructed in an environmentally conscious manner. Luxurious Bush Lodge, situated just outside the main Reserve in a pristine indigenous forested valley, is accessed the same way and then guests are transferred by game drive vehicle to the Lodge. All buffet-stlye meals & beverages are included - as are canoeing, fishing, swimming, birding etc. Add-on activities at a nominal extra rate include massages, horse riding on the beach and golf. An abundance of wildlife from Elephants to Otters and prolific bird life await you. Guests are hosted and guided by a team of experienced knowledgeable professionals who ensure a memorable personalised stay which will leave you saying 'Sibuya!' - 'We will return!' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Sibuya Game Reserve: 4 -Star Luxury Tented Camps and Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- Sibuya Game Reserve And Tented Camp
- Sibuya Game Reserve: 4 -Star Luxury Tented Camps And Lodge South Africa/Kenton-On-Sea