All reviews enjoyed our stay plenty of space warm unit ancient briton pubs trail accommodation furniture character
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We spent a night here with two other couples during our Railtrail bike ride. From the exterior I was expecting rooms of character but sadly they are just like an ordinary motel room. Plenty of space and lovely and clean but lacking in personality. The beds would be fine for those who love hard beds! The restaurant did not disappoint in the evening but didn’t live up to expectations for breakfast which was as boring as a continental breakfast can be with tinned fruit , instant coffee and cheap yogurt. I wouldn’t choose to stay again but would seek out accomodation in one of the old pubs in town.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Naseby L, Manager at Naseby Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for your feed back. I'm sorry you felt that way about your complimentary breakfast. I would like to assure you that the fruit certainly was not tinned as I hand cut the fresh fruit myself daily(it is not even mixed with fruit from a tin) so I'm not quite sure what made you think it was. If you had asked our staff a breakfast I'm sure she would have happily made you a plunger of coffee.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Most accommodation in Naseby is budget or at the two pubs (which is not peaceful). It was so nice to have a peaceful, roomy and WARM unit with a lovely bathroom and spacious bedroom. Also a sunny verandah and outside furniture to sit out and have a coffee or wine. A 5 minute walk to both pubs. Will happily return.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Dec 2013. A great place to have a 2 day stop on the trail, gave our bodies time to recover. Dicky knees are a problem, Lots of interesting places to see, especially the local public amenities and the local curling academy is a must see

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2017

We enjoyed our stay at Naseby Lodge. Very comfortable bed with electric blanket, thank goodness! While not spacious, it was great to have the bedroom separate from the lounge area. We appreciated the heated flooring in the bathroom as well. We had a very nice dinner in the restaurant. Loved the fire in the huge fireplace inside there. Only wish the outside one was going as well, as it would have been nice to sit outside there with a glass of wine before or after dinner. We were supplied with a basic continental breakfast in the room, for some reason I thought it was going to be in the restaurant. We did a drive out to St Bathans from there, which was worth the visit. We did the curling, which was ok, but remember to dress warmly! Naseby is a lovely little village and we were glad that we stayed the night. We would recommend a stay at Naseby Lodge.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Casuarina2487
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We had booked two units for our nights stay on the Rail Trail. The children had great fun playing out in the grounds.
The units were very comfortable for our stay. There are several improvements as noted by other quests eg shelves etc but that didn't hinder our stay at all. Lovely warm well maintained units. We enjoyed our visit.

Date of stay: April 2017