Limestone Hotel
US$375
US$365
US$107
  • Restaurant
The Bankes Arms Hotel(Corfe Castle)
US$169
US$110
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Mortons House Hotel(Corfe Castle)
US$228
US$221
  • Breakfast included
The Smuggler's Inn(Osmington Mills)
TripAdvisor
Windsor Hotel(Weymouth)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschocolate roomwriters roomsmall hotellovely hoteldurdle doorwine cellarlulworth covelookout roomsuperior roomdaily specialsstable roomscallopscar parksteep climbdorset apple cakecream teafish dishes
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

A great few days in this lovely little hotel.
The welcome at check in was great, & the staff n general were really good - kind, warm, friendly & professional.
The breakfasts were yummy & ample.
We had dinner one night which was really good.
Our room was very nice - comfy, pretty & with beautiful views.
We had a garden door, which was perfect for our dog, who was made very welcome too :-)
Really enjoyed our stay & everything about the Limestone!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
EJW2901, Owner at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for excellent review of Limestone Hotel & Restaurant.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your recent stay in one of our dog friendly rooms and the hotel met your expectations.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Spent 4 nights here, took precaution of only booking first night for dinner in case it wasn't good, very quickly changed the booking to every night, food was all fresh, local and very tasty. Staff and Chef's were very accomodating and allowed for changes around. Staff were all friendly and helpful with advice on the area.
Hotel was clean and quiet, in a nice quiet village.
Only recommendations - take a torch if your likely to go out at dark - there are no street lights in the village. also take a shaver adapter plug - the writers room didn't a shaver point in the bathroom so the wife had to charge he toothbrush in the bed room.
We will certainly be recommending this hotel to family and friends and aim to go back.

Room Tip: Writers room has nice views over the village/hills
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay at Limestone Hotel and the team looked after you well. The restaurant at Limestone is fantastic (if i do say so myself). With a daily changing specials board there is something new on the menu every night.

Lulworth parish council has a 'dark skies policy'. There are no street lights and local residence are not allowed bright lights. This can be difficult when walking down to the cove at night, therefore your suggestion of taking a torch is a very good idea. However on a clear night the benefits are clearly visible in the sky.

Thank you once again for your excellent review and kind comments - I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

In between two fairly intensive work trips my wife and I were looking for a nice relaxing break, with good food and good walking. The Limestone Hotel was perfect. Within easy reach of the lovely bay and a decent hike from Durdle Door, the Limestone was a great base for us.

We ate in the hotel restaurant one night and the food was fantastic, we both had lovely seafood dishes and the portion must have been big because we couldn't manage a dessert (unheard of).

The breakfast was lovely as well, with the menu presented in a unique manner.

The staff were great, not overly attentive but always available when you needed them and nothing was ever too much trouble.

It sounds silly but the rooms smelled wonderful as well, we later learned that Dasha the owner had a secret concoction she used to make the rooms smell of a wonderful fresh citrus scent!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone looking for a comfortable stay with great food and in a perfect location for heading out for some walks.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your excellent review of Limestone Hotel & Restaurant!

I am so pleased you had a relaxing stay between work trips and Limestone Hotel met your expectations. We are fortunate to be located so close to the coastal paths yet just outside of the hustle and bustle of the cove itself, creating a quieter village atmosphere.

I am very proud of the restaurant at Limestone, the kitchen team work very hard to ensure the dishes are fresh and exciting. We are continuously updating the restaurant and always looking for ways to enhance our guests experience.

Thank you once again for your review. Your informative review will hope benefit future visitors when looking for a peaceful hotel in Dorset.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another well deserved break away.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

A week in the Limestone during Englands coldest spell since years. Nico to sit at the fireplace downstairs and have a heartwarming Malbec served. I was a fortunate as to have the room in the picture, and loved it. Excellent bed, warming duvet, good ensuite bathroom.Service is friendly and efficient and the restaurant is probably the best in West Lulworth and further around. Very hard to find fault with this hotel! Sorry: I can't :)

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank sanderva
EJW2901, Owner at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for 5 star review!

It was a pleasure to host you at Limestone Hotel and I am pleased to read you enjoyed our hospitality.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another glass of Malbec by the fire place.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My partner & I have just enjoyed a perfect, faultless stay at The Limestone Hotel. The hotel is comfy, cosy, perfectly located, about a 7 or 8 minute walk away from Lulworth Cove, in beautiful, peaceful surroundings, set high up into a hill. The highlights of our stay were enjoying a beautifully clean, well presented room with a very high standard of fittings and furniture, fantastic breakfasts, very professional and friendly service, and absolute peace and quiet.
The hotel is situated high up above the main road through West Lulworth, so there are a number of steps or alternatively a ramp which zig zags up to the hotel front door. We arrived fairly late at night, but the lighting is more than sufficient to enable safe carrying of luggage up to the door. Car parking is brilliant as you are allocated one space per room, which in a tiny village with narrow lanes, and little parking options is fantastic. The parking spaces are very tight, as space is obviously at a premium, so a lot of care needs to be taken when parking, and it is a little difficult to see the labels above each space if you arrive in the dark, so it is much easier if you pop inside and find out which space is yours, which corresponds to the name of your room before you embark on successfully parking for the night.
We were told that the room we had (Stable) was one of the smaller rooms in the hotel, but it apparently had the largest shower, but there was not a shadow of any disappointment, everything about the room is perfect with all the facilities you need. The bathroom provided all toiletries that could be required, and this was one of the first hotels I have stayed at in recent years where the bathroom extractor fan actually works very effectively and stops the bathroom from steaming up - my make up bag etc. not standing in damp condensation each time the shower was used was much appreciated. A very minor point, but it is the little things, when things actually work the way they should, it just makes your stay that little bit nicer!
We didn't eat at the hotel in the evening, but at the sister hotel down the road nearer to the Cove. The food there was fantastic, atmosphere brilliant, and again, everything perfect. Once again, the hotel excelled in booking us a table, but ringing to notify us of a cancellation at the hotel in case we should wish to change our minds and eat at our hotel instead. Just a really professional touch that made you feel well looked after.
The breakfasts were delicious - plenty of choice on the buffet, service fantastic, cooked options were varied and quick to arrive.
Our stay was fabulous all round and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone wishing to visit Lulworth Cove/Durdle Door and the surrounding area. Thank you Limestone Hotel, we hope to return soon!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for excellent and informative review!

I am so pleased to read your comments regarding Limestone Hotel & Restaurant and pleased you enjoyed your recent stay in our Stable Room.

Despite being one of our smaller standard rooms, I am very pleased to read that you still found the Stable room comfortable and appreciated the good quality toiletries and furnishings.

I will share your review with the rest of the team at our management meeting who I am sure will be equally delighted to read your kind comments.

I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.