“Close but no cigar”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I had dinner here with my family while back in the UK visiting mum. I liked that it was a free house and had a good selection of local beer, I tend to choose these over a pub that is owned by a brewery. Beautiful building on the outside but lost a bit of the charm inside, the menu was what I was looking for, up scale pub food using local sources and obviously chef driven. The execution was close, Steak and Kidney Pie was delicious, chips (fries) were the best I've had on this trip. Razor clams were sandy and over cooked but glad to see them on the menu. The Wild game pie was a good effort but lacked flavour. The deal breaker was when I had the cheese plate and it had come straight from the fridge, what a waist of good cheese. I mentioned this to the restaurant manager (I think, not our waitress who was great) his answer was right out of the past. "Well we don't get asked for it much". This is the type of attitude that gave the UK such a bad rep when it came to food, thought we were over that. The other desserts on the table were also very good. I would have given a 3.5 but can't give half points.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Partner took me to three tunnes for my bithday . We had 3 courses all food was fantastic and staff worked efficently to take orders and deliver the food quickly. We had duck and salmon starters definitely no complaints from us . Our mains were lamb and pork shank which my partner loved full of flavour and well cooked. The range of food choices and quality produced meals will definitely have us visiting again. Dessert menus are always my favourite to look at always find a good choice of different desserts to test and try. Definetly returning to try the other desserts. Thank you three tunnes for a fantastically relaxed birthday meal.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We (6) of us went for a late xmas dinner that turned out to be a bit of a let down with three of us returning our main course which was of a poor standard.The manager was helpful in that he changed them for an alternative meal and he did reduce the bill

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

So pleased this was the lunch destination I had chosen for me and my friends. Being new to the area I considered quite a few different pubs and so had to bite the bullet and book one!

The food was simply delicious. I had the snails to start which did not disappoint but the star of the show was the seafood linguine. Yum.

Thinking of when I have some free time to go back. It’ll be worth it for sure.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

A Friday evening beer. Friendly staff, they take debit/credit as well. Also the pub has loyalty cards! The beer was excellent, service was quick.