“Wonderful retreat with a short drive to Waterton National Park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twin Butte
Waterton River Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Twin Butte B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 October 2017

This is a beautiful and immaculately clean suite. The suites are in a separate log home with cathedral ceilings and two suites side by side. There is some sort of closet between the two suites so you do not hear your neighbours (unless they are walking by outside). There is one bedroom with a queen bed and a living room with pull out couch and kitchenette with coffee maker, small refrigerator, microwave, kettle and toaster oven. The setting is pastoral - about 10 minutes drive off the main road on a gravel road with a view of the mountains in the distance and a river running through the yard. When I sat out with my coffee in the morning, the only sound was the river running over rock and partridge cooing in the distance. There are resident mule deer and of course steer in the pastures. There is a Mexican restaurant on the main road near the turn off for the suites. Great food and a chance to meet locals. It is about 20 minutes drive to Waterton National Park. Our hosts brought breakfast over the night before and you could choose when you want to get up and eat. Fresh fruit, french toast, juice, home-made scones one day and a yogurt/museli and fresh fruit with fresh sweet bread the next. Beds are comfortable, amenities are new....remember to bring your own hairdryer. There is free wifi (but not much cell service in the area). It would be a perfect writers retreat or for photographers. Truly relaxing away from the rush of urban centres.And not far from hiking trails. If I had to find something to suggest for improvement it would be the coffee maker. A two cupper. I have become a coffee snob. I like my fresh ground dark roast and lattes...you can get that in Waterton :-). There are resident mule deer and partridge.

Room Tip: Sunrise suite gets morning sun, sundown suite evening sun. The rooms face south so the view is equal...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 August 2017

My husband and I were so pleased with our stay at Waterton River Suites. The pictures and descriptions on their website do not do justice to just how nice it is. First, the B&B is a bit out of the way, but that is what makes it special. It is on the river in the middle of farm country. It's beautiful, quiet and the wildlife is abundant. (You will see lots of deer!) The accommodations are wonderful. The cabins are spacious, modern and immaculate. Unlike most B&B's, breakfast is brought to your room each evening. Breakfast will be something that is either intended to be eaten without cooking or that can be easily heated in the microwave. We really appreciated the flexibility that this offered us, especially since we got an early start on each day's activities. The best part is how friendly and accommodating the owners are. They even went way out of their way to help us source a wonderful dinner of Alberta beef and fresh sweet corn. We were very thankful and impressed by that. We cannot say enough good thing about this accommodation and would very highly recommend it !!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

My wife and I stayed in the Sunrise Suite at Easter. It was a beautiful, clean, and very comfortable cabin with a small kitchen. The area was very quiet, and we had a relaxing stay. We were able to watch many birds on the grounds, including sandhill cranes. We were able to watch more birds on the short drive from the B&B to the entrance to Waterton Lakes National Park. The price was reasonable, and the managers were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We were lucky to stay in this peaceful part of the world over Canada 150 long weekend. The sounds of the river, view of the mountains, scenery, sunsets, wildlife, yellow/blue/humming birds, solitude & night sky were amazing. The Waterton River Suites were a comfortable retreat at the end of our days exploring Waterton & Glacier Parks. We hope to return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We stayed here while attending the Waterton Wildflower Festival (don't miss it next year), but I found myself wishing I had more time just to hang out around the Viridicaires' land. The birds were a real attraction - Terri gave me a chance to look inside one of the bluebird boxes and see the new hatchlings. A pair of harrier hawks were hanging out, and there were far more birds than I could name.
I liked the breakfast Terri delivers every evening - you can be on your own schedule and not have to socialize with a bunch of strangers around the breakfast table.
The place is clean and nicely decorated, comfy and warm. Lovely! We're looking forward to coming back.

Room Tip: It's best to use low gear to drive up and down the hill!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Been to Waterton River Suites? Share your experiences!