All reviews gravel road each evening perfect hosts southern alberta excellent accommodation next morning front porch perfect stay sunrise suite min drive guest house bird watching highly recommend a stay peaceful retreat humming birds utility room beds were comfortable
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We were lucky to stay in this peaceful part of the world over Canada 150 long weekend. The sounds of the river, view of the mountains, scenery, sunsets, wildlife, yellow/blue/humming birds, solitude & night sky were amazing. The Waterton River Suites were a comfortable retreat at the end of our days exploring Waterton & Glacier Parks. We hope to return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We stayed here while attending the Waterton Wildflower Festival (don't miss it next year), but I found myself wishing I had more time just to hang out around the Viridicaires' land. The birds were a real attraction - Terri gave me a chance to look inside one of the bluebird boxes and see the new hatchlings. A pair of harrier hawks were hanging out, and there were far more birds than I could name.
I liked the breakfast Terri delivers every evening - you can be on your own schedule and not have to socialize with a bunch of strangers around the breakfast table.
The place is clean and nicely decorated, comfy and warm. Lovely! We're looking forward to coming back.

Room Tip: It's best to use low gear to drive up and down the hill!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

On our trip to southern Alberta and Southeast BC, this was our first stop by Watertown Lakes National Park. We stayed for two fantastic nights.

First of all, it is about 8km off the highway on a gravel road. Do not be dissuaded by that! It is worth the drive in and the relatively short distance to the park. The scene off the front porch is breathtaking and relaxing all at once. It is very quiet with no neighbours in sight (there is no Wi-Fi password because nobody is close enough to use it).

The property has lots of wildlife around with deer being a regular sight. I opened our front door one morning to see a doe and a fawn at the bottom of the stairs looking back at me. They didn't even bolt away, they just slowly wandered down the path toward the river.

My wife and I really enjoyed the breakfast approach. Terri makes the breakfast up the night before and brings it to the cabin. Each one was homemade and very tasty. With this style, we could get up, enjoy our morning coffee on the porch looking out at the mountains and then eat at our leisure. If you are really set on eating with other guests and your host, you may not like this set-up.

Your cabin is a fully self-contained unit and is one of two in the same building (Sunrise and Sunset). It is set apart from the main house. The cabin units are separated by a utility room so you really don't hear the people next door. The family next door to us had a baby and we didn't hear them at all.

In your cabin, you have a small kitchen (microwave only), an eating area, a couch, bedroom and bathroom. You also have use of a barbeque in front of the cabin (shared with the other cabin). It is up to you to do your dishes and make your bed each day. Again, if you are looking for that full service approach, this may not be the spot for you.

However, if you want a peaceful retreat away from the busy park and town, this is a fantastic place. It was exactly what we were looking for to unwind on the first couple of nights away.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2017

I had the opportunity to stay with Mike and Terri the weekend of May 12th (for the second year in a row). Not only are the cabins wonderful, Mike and Terri are amazing hosts. So many highlights! A couple are: the cabins are minutes from Waterton Lakes National Park, the wildlife and bird watching on their property is unbelievable. I would highly recommend a stay! I will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Book early! They fill up fast!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Wow. What a great place to stay. Wildlife everywhere, peaceful sounds of the river running by and amazing fresh outdoor smells.

Terri and Mike were the best hosts. They had tons of information on were to go, what to see and places to experience.

Their accommodations are clean, lots of room. comfortable... perfect!

They went out of their way to help me make it the best experience.

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business