All reviews gravel road each evening perfect hosts southern alberta excellent accommodation next morning front porch perfect stay sunrise suite min drive guest house bird watching highly recommend a stay peaceful retreat humming birds utility room beds were comfortable
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

On our trip to southern Alberta and Southeast BC, this was our first stop by Watertown Lakes National Park. We stayed for two fantastic nights.

First of all, it is about 8km off the highway on a gravel road. Do not be dissuaded by that! It is worth the drive in and the relatively short distance to the park. The scene off the front porch is breathtaking and relaxing all at once. It is very quiet with no neighbours in sight (there is no Wi-Fi password because nobody is close enough to use it).

The property has lots of wildlife around with deer being a regular sight. I opened our front door one morning to see a doe and a fawn at the bottom of the stairs looking back at me. They didn't even bolt away, they just slowly wandered down the path toward the river.

My wife and I really enjoyed the breakfast approach. Terri makes the breakfast up the night before and brings it to the cabin. Each one was homemade and very tasty. With this style, we could get up, enjoy our morning coffee on the porch looking out at the mountains and then eat at our leisure. If you are really set on eating with other guests and your host, you may not like this set-up.

Your cabin is a fully self-contained unit and is one of two in the same building (Sunrise and Sunset). It is set apart from the main house. The cabin units are separated by a utility room so you really don't hear the people next door. The family next door to us had a baby and we didn't hear them at all.

In your cabin, you have a small kitchen (microwave only), an eating area, a couch, bedroom and bathroom. You also have use of a barbeque in front of the cabin (shared with the other cabin). It is up to you to do your dishes and make your bed each day. Again, if you are looking for that full service approach, this may not be the spot for you.

However, if you want a peaceful retreat away from the busy park and town, this is a fantastic place. It was exactly what we were looking for to unwind on the first couple of nights away.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2017

I had the opportunity to stay with Mike and Terri the weekend of May 12th (for the second year in a row). Not only are the cabins wonderful, Mike and Terri are amazing hosts. So many highlights! A couple are: the cabins are minutes from Waterton Lakes National Park, the wildlife and bird watching on their property is unbelievable. I would highly recommend a stay! I will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Book early! They fill up fast!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Wow. What a great place to stay. Wildlife everywhere, peaceful sounds of the river running by and amazing fresh outdoor smells.

Terri and Mike were the best hosts. They had tons of information on were to go, what to see and places to experience.

Their accommodations are clean, lots of room. comfortable... perfect!

They went out of their way to help me make it the best experience.

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Mike and Terri are the perfect hosts who go above and beyond to accommodate their guests. My stay was very enjoyable, the early morning coffee and breakfast was much appreciated. I would highly recommend their b&b. Nice room, close to nature.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2017

We just got back from a few days at Waterton River Suites over the Christmas holidays and it was amazing. Peaceful & beautiful. The suite had everything we needed for a relaxing holiday - Terry and Mike have done so much to create a special place. During the winter Terry will make dinners and deliver them to your door. The food was amazing! I would highly recommend staying a few days and enjoying the tranquillity and the food!

Room Tip: We love the sundown suite - you get great views of the sunset
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple