“Superb lunch”

The Boot Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Calstock
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cosy, warm and welcoming would describe the ambience. Warm log fires and the friendly attitudes of both the family and members of staff.
Reviewed 21 October 2018

3 of us had roast lunch today. 2 had beef and 1 a nut roast. It was beautifully cooked and we were very happy. Each of us had the larger meal, but the smaller one would have been plenty. Remembered for next time. One of us declared he would always come to The Boot for his roast. We agreed it was the best.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We ordered one large roast and two small ones which were very nice, but it wasn't until the next day we realised we had been overcharged on the bill. Spent the next week ringing every day at different times to try and sort and even emailed. No one answers the phone it just rings and rings and rings and no response to email. Please check bill before leaving.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We were staying nearby at Red Berry Fields Yurt (another gem) and luckily came across this wonderful pub. The landlady was so welcoming and her husband was just as friendly who cooked us two yummy dinners. This is not your standard fare this is by far more special ...so for those foodies out there you will not be let down . It was so good we went twice in our four night stay . They even bake their own soda bread and when I told the landlord how much I loved it he said for me to come back the next day and he give me some to go home ! I was there to collect . :) Thank you again

Reviewed 21 August 2018

We dined on a very quiet Sunday evening following a day of torrential rain. The owners of the pub are very welcoming and friendly. Despite it being a very quiet evening our food and wine was delicious and fresh. Beautifully cooked.....we unfortunately missed the Sunday roast but hope to return one day and have that.

1  Thank Clare W
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were very fortunate to spend the past week in Calstock. We
sampled the Sunday Roast which was absolutely delicious. Meat tender, Yorkshire pudding to die for and vegetables cooked to perfection. Our week flew by far too quickly but we returned to the Boot Inn on our last evening. We were warmly welcomed back by Shaun and his wife (sorry I didn’t get her name - such a lovely lady).
Shaun prepares and cooks all the food and it clearly shows how much passion he has with every individual dish he prepares. It’s like a masterpiece! Husband raved about the garlic prawns for starters as well as his main. I had the scallops followed by rib eye steak. Outstanding. Would highly recommend any future visitors to Calstock or nearby to visit this lovely, friendly and welcoming pub and a huge thank you for making our time there so special and memorable.
Geraldine & Adam