Lowest prices for your stay
US$100
Hotels.comUS$110
eDreams
HurbUS$113
5,759 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2020

I have stayed at the Sunroute Plaza three times now - 2016, 2017, 2020 - and I have zero complaints. First off, the location is incredible - 5 minutes on foot from Shinjuku Station. Walking in the opposite direction, Yoyogi Station is also a short 5-10 minute walk away. The staff members were fantastic; very helpful and attentive. My room was small - like most in Tokyo - but modern and super clean. The bathtub was deep and the free toiletries high-grade. There are vending and ice machines on most floors, as well as coin laundry facilities. The happy hour at the swanky bar is very good value for money. You can also but the limousine bus ticket to Handea/Narita at the front desk.

Shinjuku is a great area for first time visitors to stay, and also for people who know the city a little more like myself. You can get anywhere in Tokyo from Shinjuku Station. Also, the Metropolitan Government Building, with the free observation deck, is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel. You can easily walk to Gyoen Garden in 20 minutes, or the massive Yoyogi park in under an hour.

I would give this hotel 10 stars if I could. Take my word and book it.

Room tip: Higher-floor rooms can offer brilliant views of Shinjuku.
8  Thank LukeUK_12
サンルートプラザ新宿 サンルートプラザ新宿, 支配人 at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2020

Thank you for staying with us.We appreciate your favorable review.We are looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 17 July 2020

Good location on Shinjuku and price is compatable. Nearly bus terminal to Mt.Fuji just walk aroud 5 mins. Room is fair, small but clean and can sleep well. Restuarant around hotel is very closly. You can go to shopping well.

Reviewed 31 May 2020 via mobile

I stayed here after arriving in
Tokyo from Zürich (CH) and wasn’t expecting much, given that it was a spontaneous 14-day trip and i had only booked the room a few days in advance based on it being the first suggestion on booking.com, but i was pleasantly surprised how much i liked it. The location is PERFECT and my room, though it was rather small, seemed to have soundproof walls. I have never slept so well after a long flight. I didn’t hear anyone or anything! I initially stayed here for 3 nights, but I liked it so much, i booked the same hotel for the last day of my trip as well.
I usually don’t go for large hotels with hundreds of rooms, but this one seems to be the exception.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank nadia-theresa

Reviewed 6 April 2020 via mobile

Perfect location in Shinjuku, just around 5 min walk from JR Shinjuku station. But the breakfast buffet at the cafe is quite disappointing. Very few choice of food and the menu is not changing everyday. So I have the same choice of food in my 5-day stay at the hotel.

And there is no coin laundry service in the hotel. It’s not convenient for travelers to wash laundry.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Derekmou
Scenic811248, マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2020

Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for your unpleasant experience at the hotel.
We will try to improve our service and keep our facilities comfortable more.

There are 3 coin laundries in our hotel, on 5th, 8th, and 11th floor. Please feel free to use them
next time you stay here.

We are looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 24 March 2020

As others have pointed out, this hotel is brilliantly located just minutes from Shinjuku Station. Shinjuku itself is a vibrant, active area full of cafes, restaurants and nightlife. Whenever you see a photo of the neon nightscape of Tokyo, it's shot in Shinjuku.

The only sour note came on the last day at the hotel. Due to the Covid 19 outbreak we decided to leave Japan earlier than intended. So rather than check out and head to our next destination in Japan, we booked ourselves on the evening flight back to Australia. As this flight wasn't until 7.20pm a late checkout would have been nice. At this point I'm guessing that the hotel occupancy is less than 30% with lots of staff standing around with nothing to do. I made my request at reception and was informed that yes, we could have a late check out (4pm) but that it would cost JPY9,500 which is roughly AUD150 and not far off the room rate for the night. I politely queried, that given the circumstances, shouldnt they offer the late checkout for free. No Sir, it's our policy. Please check with your manager. Sorry sir, the manager confirms our policy. Will the manager come out and explain this policy in person. No Sir,

So, in the end we checked out at 11am, leaving our bags at the hotel, and did a bit more exploring of Tokyo before heading to the airport. A real shame sticking to procedure got in the way of delivering a positive customer experience.

Date of stay: March 2020
Scenic811248, マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2020

We really apologize for your unpleasant experience at the hotel.
We will discuss about the extension fees after the check out time.
We will try to improve our service and keep our facilities comfortable more.
Thank you very much for your comment.