“Best Japanese Restaurant in Tokyo... and Inexpensive ”
Review of Kuriya

Kuriya
Ranked #2 of 431 Restaurants in Kabukicho
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Description: Dear customers I,m sorry when I express it first It costs the table charge of 300yen of one I,m sorry Non smoking seat There is no I,m sorry Please pay all together I,m sorry Lunch is not open I,m sorry. Please refrain from Visit us children. Because Non smoking seat There is no I,m sorry we don't take reservations.Our shop is refusing to visit customers who are not ordering alcohol for a Japanese pub.
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

There tuna tartare was the best single Japanese appetizer I have ever had.

I can’t believe how inexpensive there entrees are. Their scallop and clam entree was delicious and only cost 735 yen (less than $7).

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

The service was very good....We ate 4 different plates and everything was excellent. Especially the tuna and avocado tartar.....the pork with eggplant was excellent.

1  Thank estiedoron
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were lucky to find this restaurant after a long day being the tourist. We selected 4 dishes. All were presented beautifully plus each offered a wonderful taste experience. We felt lucky to arrive early as they continually had to turn patrons away.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Amazing, delicious vegetarian Japanese food- we had tempura, radish salad, egg fried rice, miso aubergine and grilled asparagus. Each and every dish was wonderful- delicately balanced flavours and beautiful presentation, the care taken to produce each dish clearly evident. Very reasonable prices. Staff were helpful and happy to adapt the menu for vegetarians.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

The food is fantastic and well priced.
Tokyo can present quite a challenge for vegetarians but this authentic, basement eatery provides great standard Japanese fare and has a number of good vegetarian options as well.
The service is fast and friendly and the atmosphere is great.
Highly recommended.