“Great Japanese food with vegetarian options”
Review of Kuriya

Kuriya
Ranked #2 of 431 Restaurants in Kabukicho
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Description: Dear customers I,m sorry when I express it first It costs the table charge of 300yen of one I,m sorry Non smoking seat There is no I,m sorry Please pay all together I,m sorry Lunch is not open I,m sorry. Please refrain from Visit us children. Because Non smoking seat There is no I,m sorry we don't take reservations.Our shop is refusing to visit customers who are not ordering alcohol for a Japanese pub.
Reviewed 22 September 2018

The food is fantastic and well priced.
Tokyo can present quite a challenge for vegetarians but this authentic, basement eatery provides great standard Japanese fare and has a number of good vegetarian options as well.
The service is fast and friendly and the atmosphere is great.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Such a great gem to find in such a large City. If you're in Tokyo, find this restaurant. The prices are great. It's a solid vegetarian spot and the meat dished are awesome, too.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

We tried this small restaurant because of the reviews in Tripadvisor. And it did not disappoint.

We were surprised by the taste of every dish that we ordered.

We ordered the fish cake: wonderful.
The chicken with spicy sauce: great.
The pork tongue: a bit chewy but taste is delicious as well.
Yaki soba was ok.
The fried rice with kimchi was great.

The cheese cake was ok.

All this for a surprisingly affordable 4800yen.

Next time i should try tofu.

Highly recommended

1  Thank AdrianSarwono
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant after seeing the high rating on Ta and left wondering what all the fuss was about?
The staff were very polite and the prices reasonable, but the food was just OK.
We have eaten at much better places in Shinjuku, so confused as to why it has such a high rating?

3  Thank leehart2017
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Dropped in mid week without a reservation. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food is well priced and excellent quality.