Lowest prices for your stay
US$89
Free cancellation until 14/07/22
Trip.comUS$96
FindHotelUS$86
EtripUS$98
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2019

I've stayed at a few Richmond Hotels before this so I knew I could expect great service from the staff always, but I thought it deserves special mention this time. I arrived in the morning on the day Typhoon No.19 (Hagibis) was going to hit, and not only did they have towels ready at the front desk for people to dry themselves from the rain, but rooms were already ready and they were allowing people with reservations to check-in hours before the 2pm check-in time for free so that guests could make early disaster preparations. Staff were also happy to attend to all of my requests throughout my stay.

The hotel building and lobby itself is rather dated, but the rooms themselves were refurbished a few years back and are relatively modernised. Everything was adequate for a comfortable stay, and its convenient location really makes this hotel value-for-money.

Mejiro is well-connected thanks to the Yamanote Line but at the same time in a quiet neighbourhood. There's Family Mart (convenience store), Lawson (convenience store), Matsumoto Kiyoshi (drugstore), and Cocokara Fine (drugstore) all super nearby, so it provides a peace of mind. I also walked back to the hotel from the more major Ikebukuro Station one night when I was feeling energetic, and it took less than 20 minutes.

If I had a minor gripe, it's that the rooms could do with more soundproofing. I could sometimes hear my next door neighbour's phone ringing or hangers knocking, but it's at least faint enough that it wouldn't keep me from sleeping.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank HN274
Seaside811052, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Tokyo Mejiro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2019

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel location, our staff, and disaster preparedness. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with that and you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback about soundproofing is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. We are greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. Please feel free to tell us anything. We will deal with your request as much as possible. We hope to see you again.

Front Desk Clerk

Reviewed 19 October 2019

The number of options in Tokyo are overwhelming. This hotel was everything I needed. The room was not super spacious but it was adequate. It had a small closet space and a window sill big enough for belongings so that opened up the room. It also had a large desk. The staff was super friendly and their English sufficient. The best thing about this place is the location. The hotel itself is in a residential area but there are everyday needs shops and eateries nearby. It is on the Yamanote line so you're like 10 to 15 minutes away from anywhere worth visiting in Tokyo. The line gets quite busy but it is tipycally short rides anyway so it was not an issue for me. Their handy service is worth the stay. They provide a cellphine wiht unlimited data and calls free of charge. I didn't pay for a sim card so this saved me a bunch of money trying to get data. If you're gong to Tokyo this hotel is conveniently located, clean, with enough room to not feel claustrophobic and affordable for a low to mid range budget. I would 100% recommend.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Seaside811052, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Tokyo Mejiro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2019

Thank you for your staying with us.
We are very happy to hear that you could be satisfied with our services.
As you mentioned, our hotel is located in very convenient area,
which has everything: local supermarket, convenience store, pharmacy and restaurant.
And also, Mejiro station is in 3 minutes from our hotel, so you can get to main spot of Tokyo easily.
Moreover, you pointed out about our staff, we are very proud of your comments, and will continue to make efforts improving our quality of service.
If you have chance to visit Tokyo, we are looking forward to seeing you again.
Again, thank you for your staying and valuable review.

Best regards.

Reception Konishi

Reviewed 25 March 2019

Located within walking distance from Mejiro JR Station. There are a few good restaurants around. Room is quiet and clean, and very important, there is a split AC for each room. We had to move from the nearby Mejiro Mets hotel because the hotel refused to switch on the central AC during this fringe season which made the room stuffy and uncomfortable.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Starmoon7
Seaside811052, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Tokyo Mejiro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2019

Thank you very much for staying with our hotel.
Thank you for taking time to the review of our hotel.
We are really happy to hear your kind words and our services could help your staying comfortably.

Best Regards,
Harada

Reviewed 24 March 2019 via mobile

This hotel is very close to a train station and a shopping mart, so you don’t have to walk for a very long time to travel far or go to get groceries. This hotel is very convenient and it’s also very comfortable and nice!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for staying with our hotel.

Best Regards,
Harada

Reviewed 3 January 2019

Stayed with my wife and 2 kids for 4 nights. A very short walk from Mejiro Station and 3 stops away from Shinjuku Station. Indeed very convenient. Front desk is very accommodating and took time to reply to all my email inquiry with satisfactory responses in a timely manner even prior to our arrival. The room was big enough and clean with sufficient heating and A/C. There was more than enough electric outlets for all our gadgets and they even had a charger available for any model cell phone or gadget. They also have Handy available - a phone with unlimited 4G internet and international and local phone calls. Very useful for navigating and searching for places to visit or places to eat. Has a good restaurant/cafe on the second floor with a good selection of local and western dishes. Bathroom in the cafe was not very clean though.

Check out time is a bit early at 11am and will charge around 3000JPY if you do a late checkout.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Seaside811052, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Richmond Hotel Tokyo Mejiro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2019

Thank you very much for staying in our hotel.

Best regards, Ohto