All reviews no elevator tiny room the ground floor own bathroom superb location shinjuku station big luggage south exit kitchenette towels takashimaya shopping tokyo english
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here 3 times now, in spring 2016, 2017 and 2018 and I must say that each time my stay was more uncomfortable than the last time. At first we were very satisfied with the location, price and friendly hotel staff but our recent/current stay has ruined those nice impressions because of other reasons. We were given a room on the ground floor RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE WASH ROOM! I think you can imagine how loud this must be. There is a note that says "please do not use washing machine or dryer after 11PM" but obviously other guests did so. Besides that, the mornings are very loud as well as there is a school next door. Also, this time our room was incredibly dirty. There were blood stains on the shower curtain and mold in the bathroom that could have been cleaned easily. Our room also smelled like feet. We were very unhappy with how inconvenient and dirty the place turned out to be this time around. We will not come back.

Date of stay: March 2018
3  Thank neslin_ham
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Good location, just 5 minutes walk from the airport express bus station. Look for Lift A. It’s just opposite Takashimaya. Room very small, more suitable for one person stay but for the price and location, it’s still worth a squeeze. Each room has its own theme.

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank Denise C
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I've been to this hotel several times over the past few years and stay for long periods each time.

The location is excellent, the rooms comparing to the price when I used to stay (which was almost half from what it is now) were nice and clean. There's no elevator which sucks if you have to carry heavy bags, but that's it about the negative sides.

Not so budget friendly anymore, but still a decent solution if you want to stay in the center of the city, in a safe but also central location.

Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank YukiNoKoi
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

the position is great very close to Shinjuku station at reasonable costs. Unfortunately the room is very small and not so clean. I also dislike the style, which is supposedly stylish, but it seemed to me just old.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank otis t
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We booked a double room at this hotel because it looked trendy and had a kitchen. It did indeed have a kitchenette and was stylish, but the kitchen utensils had a layer of dust on them and the space in the room was so limited that the two of us could not stand or function at the same time. Though the room was unique and artistic, it was definitely not practical as there was no place for luggage or clothes, in fact, there was no closet or shelves at all and absolutely no floor space for a suitcase! Four hangers hung off shallow screws on the wall and fell when holding anything heavier than a T-shirt.

The kitchenette and bed were located very close together, so we had to be extra cautious not to trip over the bed when cooking (two people trying to cook at the same time will surely result in injuries).

There was enough space in front of the bed for one person to get dressed (we took turns), but a large metal pendant light was low-hung from the ceiling in that space, so we constantly hit the light when putting on shirts, creating a fun dizzying effect as the light swirled around the room.

This is not a place for tech lovers as there was no TV,radio or alarm clock in the room.

It is also important to note that this hotel is somewhat of an antique store... The lobby is filled with delicate priced-to-sell items everywhere. I think everything in the lobby is for sale...It made me nervous about sitting down and accidentally breaking something, so I didn't spend any time in the lobby.

Overall, we felt like we were staying in a cold and uninviting antique store with display rooms that were set up for looks and not for practicality.

We would not stay here again, but we may shop there -- some of the antiques were cool.

Date of stay: July 2017