“Very expensive not special quality ”
Review of Onogi

Onogi
Ranked #29 of 232 Restaurants in Hiroo
Dining options: Dinner
Neighbourhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Reviewed 9 October 2019 via mobile

After three slices of sashimi ( nothing special at all) the four of us received a tiny steak of about 80 grams to share.... , the rice few and below expectations... . If you are on a diet and want to spend over 10,000 yen head to go back with an empty stomach , go for it , me never again!

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Fabiolacavera
Write a reviewReviews (13)

Reviewed 5 May 2019

Onogi is one of the very rare Japanese restaurants with excellent food and yet a completely relaxed atmosphere. You know that this is a funky place when you arrive at the restaurant and see a big tree in the middle of the restaurant. You can sit at tables or at the counter. We opted for the counter and enjoyed the interaction with Onogi-san, who speaks excellent English - which is good for people who do not speak (a lot of) Japanese. There is a decent list of sake (just try a few if you are not that familiar with sake). The food is extremely good. We took the omakase menu: Japanese with a touch of international kitchens. You cannot go wrong with this place. The restaurant is on walking distance from Hiroo Station.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 21 April 2017

This place was recommended by my local foodie friend. The omakase starts from 7,500 yen which I think is very reasonable considering the quality and the location of the restaurant. I enjoyed every single dish! The quantity is a little on the smaller side. I ordered extra single dish and an additional desert (which I never do). Highly recommended!!

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank Autumnwater
Reviewed 26 March 2017

We had the Omakase Course Special for 12,000 which after reviewing the menu was really a collection of signature and chef dishes that are already on the menu. The food was good thus that can be forgiven, but as the menu is in English, I'd simply order off the menu. The restaurant is upstairs and has some interesting features (giant tree hanging over the staircase).

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank JTinVan
Reviewed 9 March 2017

This is one of those (very few) restaurants I tell my friends about. And, everyone we have recommended Onogi to absolutely raves about it. What more can I say? The variety of delicately prepared dishes, the detailed presentation and the excellent service never fails to impress. Best of all everything is delicious!

Date of visit: January 2017